Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East) Grand Hyatt San Francisco

smuggs
By smuggs,
in

We haven't bid for rooms before. I currently have reservations at the Hampton Inn near the convention center using a mix of cash and Hilton points. I would prefer to stay at a better property. We are a family of 5, so would need 2 rooms. Looking at Priceline and Hotwire, I would prefer to bid for 4* properties or better. We are thinking Union Square or Financial District, but believe we would prefer Union Square. What would be the bidding recommendation for a 4* in Union Square for 2 rooms across these dates?

Need to clarify a few points in order to point you in the right direction...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.  You can call the hotel after your purchase and request the room configuration you'd like, but no guarantees the hotel will be able, or willing, to accommodate your request.  So if bidding on PRICELINE you would technically be bidding on 2 rooms for a total of quad occupancy, this is a risk that some are willing to take, others are not.

Your other options is to find a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that shows 'Bed Choice' and then look to see if any of the choices given offer a room type that will accommodate your family's needs... or to search HOTWIRE for 2rooms/2adults/3chlldren.

Not knowing which of the scenarios above you're comfortable with, I only gave a quick glance, but if willing to take the occupancy risk i don't think your budget will be an issue... if looking to book 2rooms/2adults/3children i see what appears to be the Grand Hyatt San Francisco for a total of $1650 all-in, so you would have to decide if the additional cost is worth the upgrade in star rating and the convenience of not having to change hotels mid-trip.

I also see the Hilton Financial District which would come in just under your $1500 all-in budget.

There may be other options as well but stopped there not knowing how much risk you were willing to accept in occupancy, but the above should give you a good sense that your ballpark is likely within the right budget, so let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can anyone tell me which hotel they think is the 4* hotel in Union Square East that shows on Hotwire with 100% rating? I'm getting a $139/nt rate for my dates around Easter. The property gets a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor with over 2000 reviews. I am suspecting it is the Westin. Can someone confirm?

It is. Because we are a family of 5, I think we should go the Hotwire route. I do suspect that there is a Priceline deal for $122 that may be the same hotel, but I don't want to risk not having enough bed space. I currently have reservations at the Hilton Union Square using HHonors Points + $, but think we may be happier with the 4 start Hotwire options for a total out of pocket that is only a few hundred more, which would let me save my points for other trips or weekend getaways with my wife.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the Union Square East property, how many rooms/adults/children are yo including in your search, and what is the full amenity set showing for this offer when using the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi -

I am searching for 2 rooms with 2 adults / 3 children.  The full amenity set that shows is: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Are you still seeing this offer when searching for 2rooms/2adults/3children... as i'm not seeing any 4 star hotels in the USE zones that is 100% recommended when searching for your dates, and i'm also seeing rates a bit higher than $139/nite when including triple occupancy in one of the rooms.

You can't link to HOTWIRE search results like you did as the links will only work on your own computer, and even then, will expire about 30 minutes after the original search.

However, i do see this offer now... best guess for this one would be the Grand Hyatt San Francisco.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

my first time using HOTWIRE...Think this worked out nicely based on the Trip Advisor reviews I see.  Thanks for the help!

Went ahead and booked it...it is the Grand Hyatt that I got for $139/nt. I was toying with the idea of taking the $104/nt option in Union Square West, which I am pretty sure is the Hilton Union Square (the hotel I had booked with points & $), but based on reviews, I think we will be happier at the Grand Hyatt.

I did just call the hotel, and while I selected "hotel chooses", it went in as 2 King beds, so I had them make a notation on our record

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the results.

You may also want to reach out to the hotel to see if they have connecting rooms, should that be something that would help with your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.. nice that it worked out so well!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]