Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) InterContinental Chicago

DowntownFreddy
By DowntownFreddy,
in

Magnificent Mile - Water Tower Area Hotwire hotel.  It is 4*.  For the night of 2/27 it is $86 for a $179 hotel.   Business Center, Restaurants, Spa Center, Pet Friendly, Boutique Hotel, Indoor Pools, Self Service Laundry, Internet Access, Fitness Center are described Amenities.  What hotel is this?   Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the HOTWIRE offer above I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

As far as bidding on PRICELINE, (or what is available thru HOTWIRE) you can start with our Hotwire Hotel Lists (but be sure to read the comments at the top of each).

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose, there is no way to target or guess at the property what will accept your bid price.  If you'd like to have a little more control over the hotel you receive, and pick one with good reviews and/or specific amenities that you would like, the PRICELINE EXPRESS (or HOTWIRE) would be a better (although slightly more expensive) option.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or what you end up with if you go with the HOTWIRE offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd rather suggest a 4.5* for $75 in the River North zone w/  Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower  for $75.

-- This would be a possible match for the Intercontinental. 

If you want a 5*, it will be significantly more expensive. Around the $85-115 neighborhood, you have a ton of 4/4.5* choices.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you both for your help.  I used Bidding Helper.  It is great!  I'd like to kindly ask your help identifying the following hotels for 2/27, is there a way for me to do this?

4.5* Downtown Chicago River North $90 FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4.5* Downtown Chicago Millennium Park $119    FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Restaurant(s), Internet access

4.5* Downtown Chicago River North $136  FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4.5* Downtown Chicago Millennium Park $153  FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

5* Downtown Chicago River North $275 FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

You can see the hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List Illinois.

4.5* River North $90 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

-- Not yet ID'd/reported. It certainly may be something else, but a new amenity set for the James would be a maybe. 

4.5* River North $136. I'm not seeing this listing when searching for these dates. Are you still seeing this listing when searching? If so, how many people are you searching for?

4.5* Millennium Park $116 Not yet ID'd/reported.

4.5* Millennium Park $153 Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Blackstone Renaissance.

5* River North $275 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

-- Likely Trump

I'm also seeing a 5* in the Water Tower zone for $235 w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Which would be a possible match for the Park Hyatt or Waldorf.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

17 minutes ago, DowntownFreddy said:

Do you seeanything for the Intercontinental?

See previous post above:

9 hours ago, AaronJB said:

I'd rather suggest a 4.5* for $75 in the River North zone w/  Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower  for $75.

-- This would be a possible match for the Intercontinental. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That was AaronJB who was kind enough to identify all of those hotels for you and recommended the InterContinental... but that offer was available 8+ hours ago and while you were waiting and looking for something else, that offer has disappeared.

What is it exactly that you're looking for in a hotel for this nite?

When you see a good deal on PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE you need to be prepared to grab it or it could disappear entirely... especially when you're just a couple of days before your arrival.

Are you searching for 2adults/0children or 2adults/1child?

What is your maximum budget (before fees/taxes) for this trip?

When searching for 2 adults, I'm still seeing the Intercontinental deal for $75. 

When searching for 2a/1c, I see what appears to be the W Lakeshore for $86 (4.5* Water Tower, Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly), but that isn't the most family-friendly property. 

The potential Intercontinental is showing for $155 when searching for 2a/1c.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS under the Mag Mile-Gold Coast area w/pets, restaurant, business, fitness for $79. If you scroll all the way down on the detail page, there is a note under the "Pet Policy" that "  Pets are only allowed in the Grand Tower ". This would lead me to believe that it's the Intercontinental.

One other recommendation - and this would be a significant one - is a 4* in the River North zone on HOTWIRE w/Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $109.

-- This would likely be the Kinzie. Not only great from a location standpoint in the River North area, but free breakfast.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Amenities: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.  

Tax recovery charges & fees = and additional $20.98.

Optional Valet is $67.  

Congrats on your success. 

Excellent win for this property and glad you are looking forward to your stay. Unfortunately, parking is going to be expensive at all hotels. City lots (such as Grant Park/Millennium Park, Navy Pier) are less expensive, but still costly. 

Please let me know if you have any city questions. There is also a beautiful Whole Foods (was a different grocery, they did a massive top-to-bottom renovation) essentially behind the hotel - if you walk out the front door, then walk South, you will see a small side street that runs along the South face of the hotel. Walk East on that and you will get to a bend in the road. At the bend, there are stairs down. At the bottom of the stairs is the WF.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Quick update.  My stay was great.  Hotel is renovating the pool and the fitness area.  They have made a make shift fitness area you can go to but there is not alternative pool.  We were planning to swim, so this was disappointing, especially given the advertised amenities.  But we found plenty of other things to do.  Not sure when the renovations will be complete. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]