Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Santa Monica

melrew
By melrew,
in

Hi, we are looking at staying in the Santa Monica area next week 3/5-3/7 and could use some insight to the hotels in the area. I've been looking for several weeks on HOTWIRE and the same hotels seem to be showing up. The one I'm interested in is a 4* with free internet, beachfront, business center, fitness, pet friendly, pool, restaurant and smoke free rooms. It's $286 per night ($418 reg price) 95% rec and 4/5 TA rating. Any ideas?? I've never been to LA before so if you have any other suggestions I'm open to those as well. We are staying on at the end of a conference for a few days to relax. Not into clubs or star gazing and driving the PCH is a possibility. We'd like to keep it around $350 or less per night with all taxes and fees. Thanks!

Are your plans for this trip firm and you're ready to book/commit to this stay at this point in time?  Do you need more than double occupancy or anything else specific for this stay?  If you driving the PCH would you stay at different locations along the way OR would use Santa Monica as a base and return here after the daily drove along the PCH?

If you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool do you see more amenities associated with this property then what you have included above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are ready to book something in the LA area. Only need double occupancy and we decided to check out Santa Monica because it seems like it might be less hectic than staying in other areas of LA. We aren't set on this area though. We looked at Bev Hills and West Hollywood as well. We plan to stay 2 nights in whatever hotel we end up with. The PCH is a possibility, but we would head out during the day and return at night. No plans at all really. Just want a nice safe area to stay in for a couple of nights.

I searched through the link you left above for the SM hotel and it gave these as amenities: Free InternetPet friendlyBeachfront hotelSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business center. 

As I said, we aren't stuck on SM so if you see any other good deals in safe areas we'd be open to those. Thanks for all the help!

13 minutes ago, melrew said:

I searched through the link you left above for the SM hotel and it gave these as amenities: Free InternetPet friendlyBeachfront hotelSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business center. 

Is that when viewing in the EASY VIEW TAB?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure if this HOTWIRE offer... the  Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel looks like a good fit and that would be my best guess, although i'm far from certain.

I'm also seeing this 4 star Santa Monica - Venice hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $283/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center... my guess here would be the Hotel Shangri-La, should this one be of any interest and work for your plans (as it gets great reviews).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

We came *thisclose* to booking through Hotwire, but in the end we ended up finding a great rate directly through a hotel. Lowe's wouldn't have been our first choice and we got the same rate booking directly. It's hard to take a chance with that much money when you have a sure thing! Thanks, as always, for the help!

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision, and glad to hear you found something that you're happy with.

In the future when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please book your regular rate purchases thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]