Priceline Hotel: 3.5* or 4* (Financail District/Fisherman's Wharf)

raph_c
By raph_c,
in

Hello everyone~

I just bid on priceline with $122 for 3.5* or 4* in these two district, 

just want to try first, but surprisingly it shows if I add $3 I can get the bid!!

Obviously I added $3, but then it shows "due to changes in hotel inventory" I didn't get the hotel.

Is that true I just miss the room, which means I can keep bidding on my current price, or I actually have to raise the price....

Thanks a lot !!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's possible that you missed the deal by a few hours (not necessarily by a few minutes).  Without getting too technical (and i'm oversimplifying for the sake of not getting too technical), think of it that PRICELINE updates their pricing 2x-3x times throughout the day and only then checks to confirm that the rate is still available when the user tries to make the purchase.  So this rate was likely available sometime within the last 12 hours but is not anymore... the number of rooms available at this rate may have been sold or the hotel could have otherwise pulled the inventory and/or raised the price.

At current rates i think you'll likely need to be somewhere in the $135-$155 area to be successful for the zones and star rating above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]