Hotwire Hotel: help with our problem boy!

9iron
By 9iron,
in

In NYC for 7 April to 14 April with partner and her son; keen to get a deal, and think this site offers the best help (so thanks!). BUT ... son is returning on 11 April - so we need 2 rooms for 4 nights, and just one room for the remaining 3. Can we bid in these circumstances?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

bbbb is correct, although i interpret your needs somewhat differenlty. As i understand it you need:

2 rooms for 4 nite and...

1 room for 3 nites

What is your expected budget? What star rating are you seeking? Are you willing to change hotels after the 4th nite?

Depending upon your thoughts on the above we can advise of your best course of action.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare (sorry bbbb for the ambiguity in my post). Anyway, you're right - we need 2 rooms for 4 nights, and 1 for 3. Some points:

- we'll pay @$200 per room per night, though might go a little further.

- we'd like 4* rating in Midtown (I've stayed in the Sofitel several times and we'd love that, but their rack rates are prohibitive in light of our need for a second room);

- v much prefer not to change rooms after the 4th night (but can see how that would work).

Many thanks indeed for your help.

I don't see any options for doing this within your budget unless you are willing to split your stay between two different hotels... at least not for a 4*. You could do it if you're interested in the Eastgate Tower, which is very nice and often recommended on the board, but not a 4* hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh dear! Have I misread the likely bid required? I'd thought that a $200 (+ a little) might get a room in a 4* midtown (and so for the two rooms we need we'd reckon on $400+), but should I take it from your reply that there's no chance at that price? If so, what would we need to reckon on paying?

The problem is that you have to do this as two separate bids...

1) 1 room for 4/7-4/14

2) 2 room for 4/7-4/11

OR

1) 2 rooms for 4/7-4/11

2) 1 room for 4/11-4/14

Using either method above, there is not assurance that your second bid (#2) will receive the same hotel as the first bid.

OK. Now I see - thanks! It's clear to me now (finally!) that we have to be prepared to move hotels on 4/11. Let's assume we are; may I then seek your advice on bidding? Is $200 per room per night likely to secure us 4* accom in midtown?

V grateful for your continued help on this thereuare.

I would call it "very likley" that you will be able to get a hotel within your stated budget, but we'll never know until you try.

Before we suggest a strategy, please talk it over with the others in your group and let us know when you a ready to move forward... it just saves us time researching your dates and typing out a strategy that may not every get followed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]