Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney) Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

LemurMom
By LemurMom,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you searched using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks... have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities that I listed were exactly what Hotwire had listed in the hotel search results. After going into My Account, here is exactly as they have listed...
"Amenities: Free parking, Free Internet, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Daily housekeeping, Children's activities, Pool(s), Business center, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette." 

By the way, I'm not sure that this is correct, as the website for this hotel says the front office closes at 11pm, not 24 hours. Unless it is their hotel website that has not been updated.

Thanks for the follow-up... we have updated the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

As noted, in the future you can see the complete amenity set before your purchase by using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool to perform your search.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Beware I just booked this same deal and was booked into a junior suite with only a kitchenette rather than 1 bedroom, looked on Trippadvisor and Yelp and this has happened to several people in the last 2 months and then they can pay to upgrade to1 or 2 bed when they arrive. Sham I you Hotwire and Legacy Vacations, total scam, never booking with Hotwire again. Customer services said only guaranteed are things in green on website, in this case free parking and Internet. They don't even have kids activities st this resort as in amenities description 

1 hour ago, Monkey butler said:

Beware I just booked this same deal and was booked into a junior suite with only a kitchenette rather than 1 bedroom, looked on Trippadvisor and Yelp and this has happened to several people in the last 2 months and then they can pay to upgrade to1 or 2 bed when they arrive. Sham I you Hotwire and Legacy Vacations, total scam, never booking with Hotwire again. Customer services said only guaranteed are things in green on website, in this case free parking and Internet. They don't even have kids activities st this resort as in amenities description 

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Very sorry to hear that the hotel was a disappointment - if the hotel does not offer stated amenities, I'd definitely contact HOTWIRE and let them know.

If you could post the details of the wins (dates, price, star rating, zone, amenities) as a separate thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Monkey butler,

17 hours ago, Monkey butler said:

only guaranteed are things in green on website

This isn't true (although i don't necessarily doubt this may have been what you were told by customer service)...

If HOTWIRE indicates that the hotel has a pool and the pool is closed for the season or temporarily down for maintenance issues, then this is something that is not guaranteed (although if you learn about the issue before HOTWIRE will usually work with you to resolve the issue)... but if the HOTWIRE description indicates a 1BR suite then that is what you should be getting.

I would contact customer service again, but admittedly this may be an uphill battle at this point since (it sounds like your stay has already passed... it would apprciated if you posted the details of your win as a NEW TOPIC) the stay has already completed.  I would consider that you think would be a good remedy by HOTWIRE at this point in time (if you post your win i can comment accordingly based upon the length of your stay and the price paid per nite) and suggest that after reaching out to them.  In the future if there is an issue at check-in, that is the time to call HOTWIRE, as they can often work out a resolution with the hotel... but after the fact there is little in the way that can be done.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]