Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Century City - Westwood) Best Western Royal Palace Inn and Suites

TheSedu
By TheSedu,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the response!

On that tool it shows a 2.5 stars in the area for $125 rather than $126. Is it correct to assume it's the same hotel?

If so, it lists:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility

Edit: I do believe it is that same hotel. It has the same number of reviews upon clicking on more details. Any ideas ? Thanks :)

The Best Western Plus Royal Palace Inn and Suites would be my best guess for the HOTWIRE offer above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your help. I am still looking around the area, checking both Priceline and Hotwire.

If I have a request to help identify a Priceline deal, should I post it in the Priceline board? Or continue any requests in this one? 

Also, I have been using the links provided on the forum (and will post back with my travel outcomes once purchased).

Thank you again.

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread and we will move the thread to the appropriate forum after you make a purchase.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel?

Okay, thank you for clarifying!

I'm going to be visiting Los Angeles with my boyfriend February 27 to March 1.

We are planning to visit Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, West Hollywood and Universal Studios but struggling to find a hotel that's more affordable to meet our needs.

Generally would like somewhere 2.5/3 stars + for around $120-130 a day (including taxes + parking as we will likely be driving there).

I see there is a hotel on the Priceline Express Deals section: 2½ Star Hotel in Brentwood - Westwood Area for $125 a day.

It states 

Free Breakfast Free Internet Free Parking Swimming Pool Fitness Center

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks :)

I'm starting to think that this one on Priceline is the Best Western Royal as well, which I would be happy with.

I am thinking about bidding in the area 2.5 stars and up hoping to get it for a bit cheaper however a bit worried I would end up with Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles (the other 2.5 listed under the Priceline hotels list) as it would cost an additional $60 in parking. Although perhaps there is parking in the area. Hmmmmm.

I'd agree that the best guess for this 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be the Best Western Royal Palace Inn and Suites.

How much of a savings would you need from the $125 rate to make the risk of receiving a different hotel worthwhile (that may not offer free parking or free breakfast)?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help :)

Well, you make a good point, though I realized after I continued the screen that the price listed was before taxes...375 + 80 in taxes coming to a total of $455. Yikes for me ha..

I calculated that I can bid on Priceline for that location up to $100 and, if I end up with the Holiday Inn West Los Angeles (which charges 10 per night for parking), will still save over the $455 priceline express deal because including taxes will come to $360, then 30 dollars in parking, so $390.

Do you think I can end up with the Best Western Royal on Priceline name your price even though it's not listed under the 2.5 stars Brentwood-Westwood hotels list category? It only lists the Holiday Inn, which is still good bidding up to $100. 

I've only bid up to $75 so far and rejected.

I understand the list on the forums isn't the 100% full list so there's always a gamble of a different hotel.

Thank you again all for the help.

If you bid 2.5* in the Brentwood - Westwood zone you could receive the Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, or any other 2.5* hotel in this zone (the LA Sky Boutique hotel would be yet another possibility, and there could be others as well)... or you could even be upgraded to a higher rated hotel in the zone.

... but the question is also if you will be successful at a $100 bid price, and if not, how much higher you're willing to bid for any hotel in the zone vs. taking the offer above which offers Free Parking.  If i'm following your math above, if you're successful at $100 you'd be saving $25/nite, but also spending $10 more on parking, so the 'true' savings would only be about $45 cheaper.

If you want to move forward bidding, is the Brentwood - Westwood the only zone you're willing to accept?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thank you for the response and for mentioning another 2.5 hotel in that zone.

My main goal is to stay around $130 max per day including taxes/parking for something better than a Motel 8...but I can see that even at 2.5 stars this is almost impossible in the area!

I feel that the Brentwood - Westwood zone is the best location for our itinerary but anything in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood & Hollywood will work perfectly. 

Thank you again.

So do you want to try bidding for a 2.5* hotel up to $125/nite in any of the following zones:

Brentwood - Westwood

Beverly Hills

West Hollywood

Hollywood

... and then if unsuccessful take the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offer?

Let us know if the above is your current gameplan and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I bid up to $85 and received a counteroffer of $138 per room which I did not accept. I ended up going back to the Priceline Express Deals but the one I was eyeing was already gone..checked Hotwire and was happy to see the 2.5 stars $125/night deal still available. I purchased the hotwire deal for ease of mind as it had free parking, hoping it would be the Best Western Royal Inn & Suites....and I got it!

I decided it would be better to go with this Hotwire deal as I was fairly convinced it would be the Best Western you identified and wanted it specifically. 

Still quite expensive to me but at least I saved some money! Funnily enough, called the hotel and they said it would be about $168 with AAA and $188 without. Expe.dia has it listed for $143 per night + $22 in taxes per night to total $495. So I saved about 50 dollars. I'm surprised Expedia has it for so much lower than the hotel directly!

Anyway, thank you again for all of your help both thereuare and AaronJB!!

Hotwire Hot Rate

2.5 stars.

$125 per day

West Beverly Hills - Century City area new to hotwire hotel

2/27 - 3/1

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility

Result - Best Western Plus Royal Palace Inn & Suites

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that we were able to help.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]