How do I bid for 6-passenger car occupancy? (Atlanta Hartsfield)

evex3
By evex3,
in

Hi-

We will be in Atlanta Feb 13-17 and plan to rent from the airport. Most of the time, there will be 2 adults and 2 slim kids (age 9) in the car, but we'd like a car that could accommodate my parents, too, for a few 25 minute rides.

Do we have to rent a minivan or is it possible to rent a smaller/cheaper car in a midsize SUV or Standard SUV class that fit 6 people (like a Mazda 5)? Is there a way to bid on priceline or hotwire that would make me more likely to get the right car? It seems hit or miss and I'm afraid if I bid on a mid-size or standard SUV, I'll end up with a car that only fits 5. Also I know that most rental places dont guarantee you a specific car, just the class.

(I was trying to avoid the big SUV and minivans bc they're gas guzzlers and drive like bricks).

Thanks

PS we dont want to put the kids on our laps but it's possible we could consider seat-belting two of them side-by-side in one seatbelt if we had to. We'd need a car that could accommodate two average sized short women and two slim 9 year olds

Using the CARS section of our BiddingHelper.com tool and using the PRICELINE BIDDING tab, it indicates that a Midsize SUV and a Standard SUV will only accommodate 5 people... to accommodate 6+ you would need to move into the Minivan or Fullsize SUV categories (which east list accommodating 7 passengers).

HOTWIRE lists the same as the number of passengers that each will accommodate.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]