Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Omni

TBQ
By TBQ,
in

This is an especially good win - the Omni is less than two years old, it has great rooms and it has a terrific location at the base of the Gaslamp district, and it is right on the Orange Trolley Line (easy transfer to the Blue Line to go to Tijuiana or Old Town, etc). It also has free Wi-Fi in the rooms, a rarity in 4* hotels (I tried using the add-a-night option to add the night 2/4/06, but the hotel is sold out).

Check-In Date: Fri, Feb 3, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sat, Feb 4, 2006

Your Offer Price: $95.00

Number of Rooms/Nights: 1 / 1

Subtotal: $95.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.71

Total Charges: $113.71

Best price on the Omni website was $239 :)

Now that I can once again access the SavingsBarn link to PRICELINE, it was my pleasure to use that link!

Was this your first bid in the zone?

Yes, I had a similar "win" for this hotel at this price last August, so I was hoping for a repeat :D

I agree with bbbb that the properties adjacent to the Convention Center / Petco / Gaslamp areas are preferable to Harbor Island - it's so much nicer to be able to walk to many places, or to easily hop on the Trolley. The Manchester Hyatt also comes up occasionally on PL, but usuall at a higher price point ( ~ $25 - $130). The rooms ar the Hyatt are smaller then the Omni and you pay for HSIA, but some of the views on higher floors are extremely nice.

BTW, I found out why the downtown hotels are sold out on the night of 2/4: Thousands of cheerleaders are invading the CC for a convention (I don't know whether to say :) :) or :) :o )

I stayed at this Omni for a couple of nights this summer and liked it very much. Be sure to sign up for Omni Select Guest if you haven't already. For about $2.50 I added a bagel to the free fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee delivered to the room. I loved having breakfast for practically nothing in my Omni robe, reading the newspater with a view onto the harbor and the brilliant California sun. Ahhh luxury :) .

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]