Hotwire Hotel: Help me get the Zephyr!

Bookworm715
By Bookworm715,
in

We're traveling to SF with our two kids April 15-19. I REALLY want to stay at Hotel Zephyr. When I look at HOTWIRE's Hot Rate deals, I think I see it for $178. (4 star boutique, free internet, business center, pet friendly). I don't think I see it for a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal. I'm scared to bid on it because I really don't want to get stuck with the Sheraton. If I can't get the Zephyr than I feel like I might as well just try for something that is "cheap-ish and clean" and not really care about how fun of a hotel it is. (Something like the Holiday Inn Express, for example.)

I checked the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins but didn't see anything for Zephyr. I look in the forums and it seems people win this property while bidding often but I'm afraid I'll get the Sheraton and I'll feel like I overpaid. (That particular property just really don't appeal to me.)

Does anyone have tips on getting that hotel? I typically can have a better idea of what I'm getting (through using this site and the tools on it) but I feel very uncertain about this one.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

4 hours ago, Bookworm715 said:

I typically can have a better idea of what I'm getting (through using this site and the tools on it)

We're glad to hear that the information and tools here have been helpful to you in the past, but assuming that some of your previous research has resulted in a purchase, it's disappointing that this is your first post.  It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins (and bidding failures) with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

In regards to your trip above, why not take the HOTWIRE offer that you believe to be the Zephyr... or is that over your budget?  What is your maximum budget (per room per nite before taxes/fees) if you're able to target the Zephyr?  What would be your maximum budget and minimum star rating if you're unable to target the Zephyr and decide to go for something 'cheap-ish and clean'?  If willing to accept some other hotel is the Fisherman's Wharf zone the only area you're willing to accept?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]