Hotwire Hotel: x* Puerto Aventuras Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort and Spa - All Inclusive

Colleen Cook
By Colleen Cook,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you need quad occupancy i would suggest using HOTWIRE and including the correct number of people in your search... as PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and while you can sometimes stretch this a bit at a 'regular' hotel, you should expect an additional fee at an all-inclusive property (assuming the hotel is willing to work something out with you for the additional guests) since it's not just wear and tear on the room and utilities that are being consumed by the additional guests, but also food, alcohol, beverages, etc.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you see anything offered that looks desirable and is within your budget when searching HOTWIRE for your dates and the number of adults/children you need?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

14 minutes ago, Colleen Cook said:

I think I'm going to watch it a little while.

Let us know once you're ready to book and commit to this stay as the hotels currently available may not be the ones offered once you're ready to move move forward (or the prices may be so different that they're not viable options)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

• 4 months later...

I'm currently in Rivera Maya and am going through a Hotwire fiasco.  I booked a fast deal through the Hotwire for 8 adults and 5 kids for 6 nights.  Hotwire asked ages of kids from 2-17 and I answered 12,13,14,15&17.  We paid a total of around $5000 for 4 rooms.  I get to the catolonia Rivera Maya and they are stating that the children are adults because they are over 12 and almost didn't let me check in!  Now they are wanting $108/per night/per child before I check out on Friday which is around $2600 more!  I've opened a case with Hotwire but one of the Hotwire managers told me on the phone today that this was not a Hotwire problem and I would be responsible even though they state kids are 2-17.  Any thoughts?  What can I do about this?  I don't think they'll let me leave Mexico without paying!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

Please start by providing the details of your win (star rating, zone, hotel name, dates, room rate per nite, and the amenities associated with the hotel... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of the HOTWIRE hotel page)... then reply here and i will give my thoughts on your situation above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them, and not just when you encounter an issue, so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]