Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop - Theater District) Hotel Allegro

missparker
By missparker,
in

I see a 4* $116.00 per night (April 8, 2016) in Downtown Chicago Riverwalk (haven't see this before).

The full amenities on BiddingHelper.com are:

• Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower.

It has an 85% rating so I am thinking it might be Hard Rock, but Hard Rock is showing up as the Loop on the HOTWIRE list.

The other one I see for the same date is a 4* $132 in Chicago Loop. It also has an 85% rating. The full amenities on BiddingHelper.com are:

• Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

If I am wrong about Hard Rock Riverwalk, then this could be Hard Rock or maybe Allegro?

Given there is 4* hotel for $116 in Riverwalk, I wonder if I could do better if use NYOP on PRICELINE with a starting bid of say $90. Just curious.

Chicago was recently re-zoned by HOTWIRE, including the Riverwalk zone, which takes a piece from the Loop and Grant Park zones to make a new zone near the river.

A 4* in the Riverwalk area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly would be a possible match for the Hard Rock.

4* Loop w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly would be a likely match for the Allegro.

Unless you need to be near where the Allegro is, the location of the potential Hard Rock would be much more appealing.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Tonight I went back and looked at the $116.00 on Hotwire and the text balloon says that the last person to get this deal got Club Quarters, Wacker at Michigan. It has a 91% rating and seems nice. Thoughts? I have stayed at the Hard Rock before and I really like that hotel. For this trip, I don't care as much about the actual hotel as the location so I wonder if I should bid in the Loop for a lower price on a 4* hotel.

The "Last person got ___" information shown by HOTWIRE is in relation to the last person who bought a hotel in this zone and at this star level... not necessarily the underlying hotel that is currently being offered.

If the amenity set has stayed the same i would stick with the guess of the Hard Rock (and i'm fairly confident that the one i'm currently seeing on my own HOTWIRE search for your dates is not the Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't purchased the above hotel as I am still looking. Can you help ID a couple of 4* Chicago Loop hotels?

(Allegro?) $107.00 - FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

(?) $150.00 - FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

I see a 3.5* hotel in Chicago Loop for $89.00. Given there is a pool, it matches La Quinta Inn and Suites - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

I'm certainly not looking for a guarantee for a certain hotel, I just wondered if I would ever get another 3.5* hotel in that area with a pool, for example, that is not listed on the BB hotel list.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

As per the comments at the top of the Hotwire Hotel List... the lists only contain what has been reported to the board, you could always receive a new hotel not yet reported (or a hotel previously reported with a new amenity set or star rating).

Best guess for the $107 would be the Allegro... for the $150 hotel my guess would be the W Chicago City Center.

What is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I followed your instructions to Add Reply and Report Win, twice, but it didn't update. I didn't know if I should post here or create a new win and have you merge the 2 together. FYI - the button is in the top right-hand corner, not the bottom. So here is the information. I booked two rooms at $107 each for Hotel Allegro. April 8 - April 9. FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]