Hotwire Hotel: 4* Hotwire on Kohala Coast

wingnut
By wingnut,
in

I am thinking of selecting a Hotwire *4 Hotel on the Kohala Coast (which I am guessing from other posts is the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel) and I am wondering what kind of beds arrangement we'll get. My wife and I are bringing our six year old. We would like either a two queen beds or one king bed and a rollaway or sleep sofa -- but NOT two doubles. We hate sleeping in double size beds -- they are too small. What will be our options when the three of us check in?

What are the dates of your stay?

What are the amenities associated with the hotle you're seeing?

You can call the hotel after you know what you've won and put in a request for room type, but it is just a request, and may or may not be honored (based upon a variety of factors, most of which has to do with htoel occupancy levels). This is also a good thread on the subject: After Bidding Instructions

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.

We are thinking of a trip in early July for about 8 nights.

We'd prefer a place directly on a really nice sandy, swimming beach with a pool and hot tub. From the research I've done, the Kohala coast 4*s seems like the best bet for such requirements.

I have also looked into condos because it would be nice to save some $ by cooking our own meals, particularly breakfast and lunch and since we would have more than enough room for our family. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like you can get a reasonably priced condo on a nice beach on the Big Island. Seems you would have to commute to the beaches, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since we'd have a car. One of the condos that sounded good was the Shores at Waikoloa.

I'm not really sure what diretion you want to head in... are you committed to a hotel rather than a condo?

Based upon your wants, are you sure an opaque purchase is the way to go for you? What if your hotel is not set on "nice sandy beach", what if the hotel doesn't have a hot tub, what if it's on a beach but it's not a swimmable beach?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You wrote: "What if your hotel is not set on "nice sandy beach", what if the hotel doesn't have a hot tub, what if it's on a beach but it's not a swimmable beach?"

My question is, why would this be the case since recent posts on this board identify the Hotwire 4* Kohala coast hotel as the Hapuna Beach Prince? Don't you think the HBPH is the likely outcome? If not, are the other probably candidates the Wailkoloa Marroitt or Hilton?

Hotel Amenities:

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Fitness Center

Children's activity center

Tennis nearby

Beachfront

Pool(s)

Spa Service

Golf Nearby

Business Center

Other Info:

HW's definition of the Kohala Coast

HW Four Star

"Customer Favorite!"

TripAdvisor Rating: 4.5 based on 100+ customer reviews (last review: Sept. 2005)

Current price: $211 a night.

Our dates: 7/3/06--7/11/06

Yes, this indeed looks like the Prince Hapuna Beach, as per our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for this area.

Of course there could always be others with the same exact amenities and star ratings, but based upon the known information, the Prince would be our best guess.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]