Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Hyatt Place Chicago Downtown River North

dragonstar327
By dragonstar327,
in

Hi!  I used your HOTWIRE link and am hoping you'll be able to help identify the following hotel:

4/09/2016 - 4/16/2016

2 people

3* Downtown Chicago - River North

80% recommended

$145 per night

Amenities:

Free internet

Free breakfast

Business center

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

It also says that the last person to book got the Best Western River North Hotel - Chicago, IL.  However, from their website, it doesn't look like the Best Western offers free breakfast (so not sure how that lines up with the listed amenities).  I was hoping for the Holiday Inn Express (which does have free breakfast) but am reluctant to take a chance if I might end up with the Best Western.  I'd appreciate any thoughts or insight you could provide!  Thanks!

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Los Angeles thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

As for the offer above, NOTE that "The last person got ___" information is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily the underlying hotel currently being offered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

As for the property above, i'm not currently seeing this on a current search for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?

Also, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this stay, as i'm seeing 4* and 4.5* properties offered for around this same price, as well as 3* hotels (the same rating as the one above) for somewhat less... what was it about this offer that made you inquire above this one?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I'm not still seeing that property in my search results :(

This reservation was going to be for my parents, and I was hoping that the 3* property I asked about was the Holiday Inn Express as they have a free hot breakfast (which my parents love).  I know there are other hotels with a free continental breakfast, but most of those (like the Kinzie Hotel, for instance) are just muffins, yogurt and cereal.  And, some of the other cheaper 4*-4.5* properties don't have breakfast, so my parents would have to go out, or at least have hotel restaurant breakfast, every morning.

I'll keep checking hotwire to see if this property reappears; if not, I'll just book directly.

I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any questions. While I definitely understand the convenience and value of having breakfast there there are some really solid breakfast spots around the city.

I am seeing a 3* in the Downtown-Riverwalk area for $140 w/Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Business, Kitchenette, Laundry. 

-- This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but a guess would be the Comfort Suites Michigan Ave. If that's the case, super-central location.

I do think that there are more upscale hotels for similar or slightly cheaper, but they don't offer breakfast. 

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any additional hotel (or city) questions.

Thanks for the tip on the Comfort Suites.  I used to live in Chicago as well and am obsessed with their breakfast/brunch options... but it's not my trip :)

I'm now seeing the original 3* Downtown Chicago - River North hotel mentioned above again (same price, dates, etc. as listed above).  Are you seeing that now?  If so, do you think Holiday Inn Express or something else?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone priced at $145/nite when searching for your dates:

Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, i would agree that a downgrade of the Holiday Inn Express Cass would be a likely candidate and my best guess for this one.

Since this an extended stay you could also see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent win for this newer property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

If you look under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, do you see any additional amenities beyond the ones noted above? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]