Priceline Hotel: 5* in Santorini - Thira Region

cbcooper
By cbcooper,
in

I am looking for a place to stay in Santorini (it must be in Thira or Oia, but preferably Thira), ideally under $100 per night. I would like to be 5*. I wouldn't mind 4* but some of the hotels I have seen on MAPS.HOTELS that are 4* in the Thira region look underwhelming and are currently trading at ~$50-70/night (ex. Suites Blue or Gianna Suites).

I would need a room in Santorini from July 18 - July 26.

Any ideas on the best way/amount to bid for would be greatly appreciated!

...it must be in Thira or Oia, but preferably Thira...

The zone boundaries shown by PRICELINE may differ somewhat from what some consider to be the area as defined by the zone name... to confirm, are you willing to stay anywhere within the boundaries of the Thira (and/or Oia) zones, as defined by the boundaries on the PRICELINE map?

My initial guess is that it may take a bit more than $100 for a 5 star hotel in either of these zones, but we can start with whatever maximum amount you like and adjust (either increase your maximum or lower the star rating) as we progress.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed given the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I am willing to stay in any of the Thira or Oia regions as defined by Priceline (preference for Thira).

I tried a bid at $100 for 5* in Thira and a re-bid for $125 in Thira and Oia, but both were rejected.

Date change: I will be in Santorini from July 16 - July 23

What do you suggest for next steps?

When bidding 5* in the the Santorini region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Thira...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Oia...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Thira and Oia...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above is rejected you can take this 5 star Thira hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet that is offered for $132/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please start by adding the amenities to your Hotwire Athens thread, as well as confirm the dates in a reply there, as the dates of that win seem to be part of the new date range above that you're searching for... or have the dates of this stay changed once again?

Just to confirm, the rebid zones are 2 (Kamari), 4 (Monolithos), and 6 (Perissa - Perivolos)?

When I add rebid zone 2, the median price for a 5-star hotel drops by $100. I wasn't sure how this was possible if "Kamari" has no 5 star hotels.

Good observation... your re-bid zones are correct, the change in price is a fluke in PRICELINE's algorithm that we have seen before (for instance, maybe there is a 5* hotel in the zone that participates on the 'retail' side but not on the 'bidding' side). We can easily adjust the strategy above to exclude this zone in your re-bidding if you'd like.

Also, any guesses on what the 5* Hotel in the Thira region (for Priceline Express) would be?

I had looked yesterday when posted but was unable to gain any insight into which property this may be (although it is now down to $129/nite when searching 7/16-7/22, but again, not sure of your current dates).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]