Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (Downtown - Superdome) Intercontinental New Orleans

ulatif
By ulatif,
in

I am trying to book a 4 star or above in the French Quarter for Jan 6 to 9. It'll be 2 adults and 2 toddlers. I am a long time user of your site, but now returning after a long string of renting an apartment. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to decode any of the listings using the pinned list. 

I am seeing 5 hotels when I narrow the results down to French Quarter - Bourbon Street and French Quarter - Mississippi River.

I am excluding the >$200/night option, so that leaves 4 hotels. 

$94 (4.5 star)

$102 (4 star)

$114 (4 star)

$131 (4 star)

I can't seem to figure out which ones they are based on the amenities. I clicked on each one to the next page which sometimes revealed more amenities, but it still doesn't seem to match up. 

Am I doing something wrong? If you can help me figure out which hotels these are, I'd love to book through your site.

Thank you!

For help with the properties above please include the complete set of amenities associated with each when using the EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com and clicking the GREEN FULL AMENITIES button.

Also, to confirm, are you searching for 2adults/2children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That helps. I used the Bidding.Helper and can now see all the amenities.

4.5 star in French Quarter - Bourbon Street

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

I think this is ROYAL SONESTA. Seems like a reasonable place to stay and I might go with this.

=====

4 star FQ - Bourbon Street

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I think this is Astor Crowne Plaza. Reviews seem terrible. 

=====

4 star FQ - Bourbon Street

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Suite, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

I am very curious about this one. I don't see any properties listed on your site with Suite, Spa, and Free internet, so not sure what this is. However, a suite could be nice since we are traveling with kids. What do you think this property could be?

=====

4 star FQ - Mississippi River

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Seems like it could be Le Meridien, but not a perfect match. Thoughts?

We'll be in New Orleans for about 2.5 days. Might spend a half day on a visit to Baton Rouge. We will be there with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Is it a bad idea to stay in the French Quarter? 

We are hoping to get a taste of New Orleans since it's our first time visiting. See some of the major sites and maybe do a couple things that are for kids. We will have a rental car as well, so I'm expecting to pay for parking too. Maybe $30/night most places I'm guessing. 

Thank for any help and advice!

Also, to confirm, are you searching for 2adults/2children?

2x

We'll be in New Orleans for about 2.5 days. Might spend a half day on a visit to Baton Rouge. We will be there with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Is it a bad idea to stay in the French Quarter?

Before we take the time to research all of the properties above (which even if each one takes 3-5 minutes we're looking at 15-25 minutes) let's first determine which zones you're willing to stay in, as once you decide that the above may not be your desirable options, or even if they, may not be the hotels currently being offered.

As far as the French Quarter goes it can be relatively tame during the day, but at nite there will likely be drunkeness, drinking in the streets, women lifting up their shirts in exchange for beads, and large crowds... so you need to decide how you feel about having your kids around this type of atmosphere.

I think the ideal situation would be if you could find something like the Renaissance Pere Marquette which is right right near the French Quarter which is close enough to walk, yet far enough away that you avoid the loud drunken screams in the middle of the nite and most of what takes place in the Quarter. (or even the Sheraton right on Canal)

Also note that there is a Lousiana Children's Museum in New Orleans that may be good for your kids.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide regarding the zone(s) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am searching for 2 adults, 2 children. If I search that way on Hotwire, does it guarantee 2 beds? Or a bed plus sofa bed?

I think you're right. One of those options on the edge of French Quarter could be good. The Renaissance seems to have good reviews.

Thank you for the advice. 

Do I look for the Renaissance in Downtown area?

Yes, I am searching for 2 adults, 2 children. If I search that way on Hotwire, does it guarantee 2 beds? Or a bed plus sofa bed?

I think you're right. One of those options on the edge of French Quarter could be good. The Renaissance seems to have good reviews.

Thank you for the advice. 

Do I look for the Renaissance in Downtown area?

If you search for 2/2 then you should get some manner of bedding for the entire party, which can be 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed.

You can see the zone boundaries on the HOTWIRE map when searching. There are generally 1-2 hotels at each star rating in each zone for each set of dates, which may or may not be the hotel you are looking for.

I see a 4.5* in the Downtown-Superdome area w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $87.

-- This would be a possible match for the Intercontinental.

4.5* FQ-Bourbon Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $99

-- Likely match for the Sheraton.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I can't really figure out how to get the Renaissance Pere Marquette. It's not on the Hotwire lists for New Orleans as far as I can see on your site. Any suggestions? 

I feel like I really need to get something booked today. I'd rather not book directly from their site as I'd like to get some extra savings, but maybe that's the only option?

It guarantees accommodations for everyone that you include in your search... this could be 2 beds, one bed plus a pullout sofabed, or any other combination (rollaway brought into the room) that can accommodate the number of guests you include in your search.

I know the Sheraton is not as well reviewed as the Renaissance (it's not as if the Sheraton reviews are 'bad', they're not just not as good as the Renassiance), and the Sheraton does have a very good location, and you can't really choose which hotels are offered to you. I am seeing what i believe to be the Sheraton offered for $99/nite which would probably work well for your needs (and budget). Using the EASY VIEW of BiddingHelper.com, searching for 2adults/2children you should be a 4.5* hotel offered in the French Quarter-Bourbon Street zone for $99/nite (your price may differ by a few dollars one way or the other) with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... this is what i believe to be the Sheraton, and would work well for your needs as there will be enough walking going on, you don't want to have to walk too far to your destination (where the actual walking begins). As well, you're close enough to the trolly line and the waterfront, as well as Cafe du Monde which is a must do for beignets with the kids (perhaps more than once)... and for very cheap (i think .15 or .35 you can get your 5 year old a paper hat like the workers there wear)

Does this one work for your needs?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Ok, I think this is the Intercontinental New Orleans and I'm ready to book it. 

4.5 stars, $79/night for 1/6-1/9 with 2 adults/2 children

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Does this seem right for Intercontinental?

A 4.5* w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly in the Downtown-Superdome zone has been seen previously with the Intercontinental.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]