Priceline Hotel: Help-San Juan or Dorado Resort or 3* 3/16-3/19!

senorjuan
By senorjuan,
in

I'm seeking San Juan or Dorado Resort or 3* from 3/16-3/19. I've bid up to $115, and still no bites!

So, my question is, should I bother bidding higher (I haven't seen a 3* go for over $110 on the site) or move to a lower star rating? I'd really like to get a nice hotel, and am willing to pay a higher price, but I just don't want to waste so much energy biddign up and up if it is a futile effort. I'ev already played with the dates a bit, and I can't even get a room for 1 night.

Does anyone know if Priceline has a regular # of rooms set at a price range, and if they sell, then that is it? Or, do they adjust prices upwards if demand for that time is high?

Much appreciated!

Jack

Rates are indeed high for the above dates.

The 'problem' is that San Juan hotels are not that great to begin with, so i'd concerned with lowering your star rating, as one could only guess as to how your experience would be. How high are you willing to bid?

What is the purpose of this trip? Is it a relaxing 'get away', sightsee Puerto Rico, or a pre-cruise stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the prompt reply. That was my fear of lowering the star rating as well, there are some dingy places in Puerto Rico. I am willing to go to about %150/night for a resort, maybe almost that high for a 3 star.

The purpose of this trip is a small wedding for 10-15 people actually. Apparently it isn't such a good time to set something like this up.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]