Hotwire Hotel: 4* Savannah (Historic District) The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel

pringerotaku
By pringerotaku,
in

EDIT: Sorry, should be 4*

4 nights, ~$580 after taxes/fees. Roughly 25%+ savings vs. non-blind booking.

Full Amenity List:

Pet friendly
Suite
Boutique hotel
Smoke-free rooms
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access

Great price on what looks like an amazing hotel.

However, I did call the hotel to ask whether the assigned room was a suite or not, was told it was not a suite. Any suggestions on what to do in this case?

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the room assigned not matching HOTWIRE's description.

The first question you will need to ask yourself is if you're happy with this hotel and price for a 'standard' room... then give HOTWIRE a call and explain the situation to them. Given that a suite at this property for your dates costs nearly twice as much as a standard room, i think the chances are low that the hotel will give you the suite or that HOTWIRE will be willing to pay the difference. If this is the case, then you can see if HOTWIRE will 1)cancel the reservation or 2)offer you some Hot Dollars to use on a future purchase to compensate you for the room not being as described. (which is why you have to ask yourself before calling if you still want a standard room at this price or not, as that will determine if you ask for #1 or #2.

Let us know how you make out... HOTWIRE's response and your decision.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Hotwire via email regarding the issue. They offered issuing HotDollars as compensation for the screw up.

I decided to call customer service to get the funds issued, but after staying on the phone for 30 minutes the rep came back and told me it was my fault it wasn't a suite room because somehow my calling the hotel voided my original booking through Hotwire. When I argued back, the rep just happened to say I was breaking up. I hung up immediately.

Replied to the email and got the HotDollars issued. They said they were going to remove the inaccurate "suite" icon from the listing for this hotel, but it doesn't look like they did.

Customer service is really hit or miss. I wasn't super upset or anything but it's really shady to offer me compensation then refuse to + blame me as the customer.

Still happy with my booking, enjoyed my stay and everything else was fine besides the overseas CS rep accusing me. Will leave the appropriate feedback since they sent me surveys.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]