Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Austin (Arboretum-Mopac) Candlewood Suites

HarryK
By HarryK,
in

My complete travel dates are up in the air right now, because everything is sold out for March 10th-11th (the opening weekend of SXSW)

Even though I stayed at a 4* downtown for $60/night last year (reservations made in Feb, I believe) I can't get a 4* downtown for under $200/night this time and I've been working on it for the last couple weeks. So my 'week in Austin' may end up being '3 days in Austin' because I'll be spending $1000 in hotel costs :)

That being said, this particular 2.5* came up when I searched March 10th-12th (I believe, but it's hard to say with 100% certainty because I've been pricing-out all kinds of things from the 10th to the 17th). I'd check again but right now Hotwire is preventing me from checking prices without logging in first. Has it always done that after a certain number of requests? Maybe I'm just doing more shopping around than normally.

I'd like to stay downtown and, frankly, I'm willing to stay just about ANYplace downtown for March 10th and 11th (and possibly longer depending on cost) but I don't think I can get a cardboard box for under $200 for that first weekend. If there's any way to do it, I'm all ears.

If you can find the dates which return the above property we'll take a look.

I went ahead and logged into Hotwire and it was the nights of March 10th-12th (check out the 13th) The price listed for me is $48

For the nite of 3/10 the Best Western looks like it sits just outside of the Downtown zone... would that serve as a good option for this nite?

That link takes me to a page that says:

Hotel not found.

Thanks. That Candlewood is a little far south for me. Part of the 'downtown' goal was so I wouldn't have to drive at all. If I'm going to have to drive, I figured I'd look close (South Austin) and the Clarion Conference Center is a bit closer, but (obviously) still a drive to down town and in the $100 range. I may end up staying up near the Arboretum, which is not close at all, but there's a nice Candlewood up there in the $40ish range which would defray some of my other costs.

Thanks for the help

Glad you found something for this nite and thank you for using the HOTWIRE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase.

I agree that the mispelling is an important one to note (for the exact reason you mentioned), so thank you for bringing it to our attention and we have made the correction.

Thanks again and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]