Priceline Hotel: Radisson-MacArthur Airport

cheapstake
By cheapstake,
in

:)

Previoously I was getting Radisson - MacArthur for $39 and up and max I paid was $60. Now even at $65, unable to get. Does any one has any clue why?

Also, this Radisson is not a *** (3 star), it is much less may be ** (2 star).

If you bid $60 and include Commack area, you land up in HOJO, which is a dump, watch out folks on bidding more than $60 and including Commack area.

From what I know both HOJO and Radisson - MacArthur are owned by the same company.

Appreciate your feed back.......

So you've tried multiple dates and nothin'?

Have you tried any single nite stays?

What is so wrong with this Radisson? You can email Priceline/Hotwire any hotels you think are mis-rated and include why... but i don't think you're going to see a rating of a 2* get asigned to a Radisson. Just the name brand alone should give it more clout than a Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn type property (and would you really want it lumped in with those named properties... if it is, there'd be no way to differentiate getting the Radisson vs. the equivalent of a Comfort Inn in the area). Even if they do lower the star rating... don't expect the price to get any cheaper. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting ... I am curious too about why lower the Radisson rating...???

I have stayed over 30 nights there and find it pretty good ... not as good as some Hyatt's that come up as 3's BUT definitely better than other Radissons or run-down Hiltons. That particular hotel has just been renovated extensively and besides major staff/management problems, is in great shape.

I too have found the price has jumped ... Hotwire is a great place to check the area for prices. Also, a friend got a great 2.5* for $70 or $75 after bidding the Glen Cove/Garden City zones ... I have not followed up which one it was but his girlfriend said it was great. I suspect it is either a Holiday Inn or the Harrison Conf. Center (which is much closer to the city).

Thanks to all for your comments, I have tried one and two days as well, the price has increased.

As far as star rating, the staff and place is not Radisson type (it was Best western before and staff behave like it). In this area, Hauppauge has Wyndham, that has 3.5 star, and this is cheaper than Radisson -MacArthur (hotwire prices) and many times I have stayed at Wyndham (has a golf course) for $63.00. Also, Sheraton - Commack (hotwire) is available some times for $60.00

Once again thanks to all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]