Refund from Priceline

Bob24
By Bob24,
in

I was just issued my second refund today from a 3rd party site. This summer I booked 6 nights on Expedia's blind site. I got a generic named property outside of Cleveland and started doing some research. What I found is that it was a former Holiday Inn that had been sold and was being turned into a Doubletree. It could no longer use the HI name and the new owners didn't want to brand it a Doubletree until the renovations were done. So, it went by the temporary name of the "Westlake inn". The Tripadvisor reviews were awful. Construction noise and debris everywhere. Strong smells from the glue and solvents. The on-site restaurant was closed as was the pool. I contacted Expe.dia and told them about the current construction and that I felt that the property was not currently in 3 star condition. They contacted the hotel to confirm the construction and then issued me a full refund.

A couple of days ago I got a 3.5 star name of your price hotel in downtown Kansas City off of Priceline. It was the Crown Plaza. I immediately went on Tripadvisor to read the reviews and found out the hotel's ramp was out of service due to construction and that their was a lot of noise during the day. I called Priceline and said that the property was under construction and I didn't want to stay there. I listed my concerns. The initial person I talked to passed it on to a higher up. That person talked to me a bit and then called the hotel to confirm my statements. He then refunded my money.

So, while these sites put out there that there are absolutely no refunds...they will make exceptions in certain cases.

So, while these sites put out there that there are absolutely no refunds...they will make exceptions in certain cases.

This has always been the case, as just as with any company, they can't charge for a product that is less then promised. The most common reason for a refund is when a hotel does not offer an amenity that was indicated... the waters become more murky when there is a disagreement on the quality/star rating of a property.

Perhaps in each of your situations the quality difference was clear cut, but subjectivity comes into play when the quality isn't that different then what was promised... a booking agency can claim a hotel is 3.5* rated and a guest believes that it is only 3* rated; these are much harder to 'prove' and less likely to result in a refund.

A couple of days ago I got a 3.5 star name of your price hotel in downtown Kansas City off of PRICELINE. It was the Crown Plaza.

It would be appreciated if you shared this win (and any others) with the board, as this information would be more helpful to others then the rate/occaisional 'exception to the rule' where you received a refund on a purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]