Priceline Hotel: HELP! Nashville-1/15-1/18/2016

annsyrstad
By annsyrstad,
in

Hi! I'm looking at rooms for Nashville-Downtown area for the weekend of 1/15-1/18.  I need at least two rooms.  Any help identifying these hotels? Or do you think I'm better off naming my own price on Priceline? I'd like to stick to $100 per room (or under). 

Priceline has:

3 star: Free Internet Swimming Pool Fitness Center, Restaurant Business Center

$75

4 star: Free Internet Swimming Pool Fitness Center, Restaurant Business Center
8+ customer review
$150

Or, Hotwire has: 
3.5 star: Free parking, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower
45% recommended
$79

THANK YOU!

PRICELINE bidding is going to be slightly-to-moderately cheaper, it becomes more a matter of are you willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone picked (if so, then bidding) or do you want to pay slightly-to-moderately more to have a greater level of certainty as to where you may end up staying.

Please let us know which is more appealing and then we will discuss more about going that route.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks! Lets start with the latter. Can you identify these hotels?

PRICELINE EXPRESS

3 star: Free Internet Swimming Pool Fitness Center, Restaurant Business Center

$75

4 star: Free Internet Swimming Pool Fitness Center, Restaurant Business Center

8+ customer review

$150

Hot.wire

3.5 star: Free parking, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

45% recommended

$79

Best guess/comments for each:

PRICELINE EXPRESS

3 star

--> Millennium Maxwell House Nashville

4 star

--> i'm seeing THIS 4 star hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with the same amenities but priced at $167/nite... my guess for this offer would be the Sheraton Nashville Downtown

HOTWIRE

3.5 star:

--> likely the Millennium Maxwell House - Nashville

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to pipe in here as a former Nashville resident and frequent visitor.  Beware the 3* in the downtown/metrocenter area if you need to be downtown.  As was pointed out, that is likely the Millennium Maxwell House which is located in the Metrocenter area which is a few miles north of downtown.  I believe if you go the name your own price route, they guarantee an 8+ rating, which would eliminate the Millennium which has a 6.7 rating.  It will be difficult, however, to get rooms for under $100/nt in downtown.

Thank you for the 3* warning!   I'm a first-timer to Nashville.  Is staying downtown ideal? What about the Vanderbilt area?

If you want to do the touristy thing, visit the honky tonks, maybe a show at the Ryman or Bridgestone Arena, enjoy some adult beverages - downtown is the place to be, but it's popular so the prices are high.  The Vanderbilt area is fine and is a great second choice for Nashville visitors.  Prices will generally be cheaper at the Vandy/West End area, parking will cost $20ish/nt instead of $30ish/nt - most of the hotels have shuttles that will take you to "lower Broad" which is the main tourist district, which is maybe 2 miles away - if you don't want to wait on the shuttle, Uber is easily available if you download the app, or you can even take the city bus.

I rarely drink, and when I do, generally no more than two drinks, so the convenience of being able to walk back to the hotel is not a big deal to me.  I am, however, cost conscious (hey, I use Price.line!), so usually when I go to Nashville I stay out in the suburbs (my friends live there anyway) for a lower rate and drive in and park (for free) at Nissan Stadium when I visit downtown.  However, as a first timer, I would recommend staying downtown, alternatively at the Vandy/West End area.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

On 11/9/2015 at 6:05 PM, AaronJB said:

... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

It would be appreciated if you used our site for your regular purchases as it helps keep this site a free resource for everyone.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]