Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Miami Airport, Embassy Suites

Phantomboy
By Phantomboy,
in

Thanks to "Better bidding.com" and Burbunny's many posts I was able to book a Nov.9/03 stay at Fort Lauderdale's Embassy Suites for $64. + fees with Hotwire. (I won't go into the details of that booking as bidding details are already excellently documented on this site.)

As I am a "newbie" to using this "Hotwire & Priceline" technique of booking hotel stays, I was truly amazed at the incredible discounted prices on everything from motels to Five star luxury resorts. I usually do a lot of reseach online for my holidays and thought with "Expedia" and my AAA membership, I was getting the best out of my holiday$. Boy! was I wrong! I am hooked on Hotwire now! :)

I was so happy with the ease of using Hotwire for the first time, I just used it for booking two other stays: One in Fort Lauderdale, and a second in Miami. Here are the details (Hope someone can use this):

3.5* Maimi Int'l Airport, Embassy Suites

Nov.8/03 : $50.x 2 + $19.95 taxes&fees = $119.95(for 2 rooms)

Amenities: "Customer Favorite", Airport Shuttle, pool, Fitness, Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Fac.,Laundry.

(*Note the ABSENCE of the "Suite" icon as was present in the Ft. Lauderdale Embassy Amen. List.)

2.5* Fort Lauderdale North, Townplace Suites

Oct.31/03 : $35. + $10.95 taxes&fees = $45.95 (1 room)

Amenities: Suite, Pool, Fitness, Kitchenette, Business Fac., Laundry.

Cheers, and thanks again for this wonderful board!

Stephen. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding and thanks for posting.

I have created an additional post for your North Ft. Lauderdale win as it makes it easier for future users to find the information if each hotel has its own thread.

I think your experience is like many (at least it was mine)... thinking we're getting the best deals online thru various sources and that using Priceline/Hotwire is too 'risky' as we could potentially get a 4* hotel that should be rated 2*. After trying it once we then realize just how great the savings are and never go back to conventional bookings again!

For your second Miami stay, did you once again get the Embassy Suites?

Glad the board was able to help and give you the confidence to try Hotwire for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around the board in the future.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereure,

Thank you for correcting my earlier post and moving it to the appropriate section. I noticed my mistake after posting.

My first Hotwire transaction was for the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale Nov. 9/03. I got the great price of $64 + fees thanks to this site. The Amenities icons as you listed on this site were:

Suite,Pool, Fitness, Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Fac.

My second Booking was for Miami for Nov.8/03: I ended up getting a Embassy Suites also: their Miami Int'l airport location. The Amenities Icons were quite similar EXCEPT for the MISSING "Suite" icon. This is odd since the hotel, as far as I know, is an all suites property!? (I hope I don't get stuck in one of their "regular rooms", if there is such a thing). :)

Cheers,

Stephen.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]