Resort fees

lyce
By lyce,
in

I'm just starting to look at bidding for a trip to the Gulf Coast in Florida. I've gone as far as the final screens and found that the final price has a hotel fee added on. This makes bidding more expensive than PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. I'm wondering if this is just worse case scenario and I MAY get a hotel that charges a resort fee or if it means that I definitely will. Has anyone come across this and still won a hotel that does not charge a fee?

It's a 'worst case scenario'...

At this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even searched inventory for your dates, so they are showing the hotel with the highest resort fee in the zone so that you know the 'worst case scenario' of your total cost should you bid be accepted by the hotel with the highest resort fee.

Should you win a hotel with a lower resort fee (or no resort fee at all) then the lower amount (or none) would be charged.

If the resort fee puts is a high amount and/or puts you over your budget, the PRICELINE EXPRESS may be a better option to lessen the chance of a resort fee.

You can research resort fees, as well as search for hotels that only do not charge resort fees, using our sister site ResortFee.com.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]