Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip) Luxor

emkaysf
By emkaysf,
in

I am trying to get 2 rooms in either the Venetian or Aladdin for 3 nights Feb 16-19 2006.

Can you give me some suggestions on hw to get the best deal? I would prefer not to split the trip.

The maximum I would be willing to pay is 150/night and room for Venetian or 120/night Aladdin.

Welcome to BetterBidding!'

Rates for the last nite of your stay at the Venetian is currenly over $500/nite, so if you include that date in your bidding i'm doubtful you'll find success at your current limit.

As far as the Aladdin, you won't be able to target this specific hotel thru Priceline.

If you must stay at one of these two properties, you can book the Aladdin HERE for $175/nite (no booking fee) which is about $10 less per nite than the Aladdin's own website.

Let us know what you choose to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am going to change my approach then. Skip the Venetian idea and try to get a 4 star hotel. We want to stay close to the Flamingo Hotel because a friend stays there on a business trip. Aladdin looked like the nicest.

Please let me know if you have any tips for bidding on a 4 star.

I'm assuming you want to keep your maximum bid at $120? If so, at the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bdi $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I checked the possible hotels for 4* North Strip and am afraid that we would end up in the Golden Nugget. Adjusted my upper max to about 150.00 and did some more research finding the Aladdin on EasyClickTravel Travel (off the record) for 169.51 plus taxes and fees which seems similar to your initial suggestion. Also trying to figure out what I may get on hotwire for 154.00 on North strip. Am kind of stuck in the decision process.

Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" and their "Shop and Compare" do not use the same zone descriptions, and often times don't use the same universe of properties, so the above is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Does this change your thoughts on avoiding Priceline?

Ok, we tried again today with an adjusted our upper limit figuring that we will have to pay a premium for including the Saturday night on a long weekend. Used the priceline Hotels link in Savingsbarn.com to get to the Bidding Page. Entered Las Vegas Strip Vicinity 4* and started bidding for 2 rooms at 140$ each. Received counter offer of 160$. Refused and bid again adding the Airport to Area to the choices and increased bid to 145$.

Offer was finally Accepted by Luxor Hotel which we are happy with. Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]