Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Loews Chicago Hotel

bryan995
By bryan995,
in

Helping my wife plan a ladies weekend in chicago.

3 people total.

ideally:

1 x king + 1 sofa bed.

or 2 x double + roll away

Friday 11/13 - Monday 11/16 (3 nights).

New to chicago - looks like these are the 3 best areas, no?

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area hotel

Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area hotel

budget is ~$600 total for the hotel.

We've been looking at:

4.5* Magnificent Mile Area - River North - $166 - 95% recommend.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

(I think this is the james?)

4.5* McCormick Place - South Loop - Soldier Field $128 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

-

An alternative idea was to do a 4* or a 4.5* for the friday night (11/13)  (~$120) and then do the 5* for 11/14 - 11/16 ($212).

I think the 5* is the langham.

Any experts care to chime in? :-)  

Will be using the BB HOTWIRE link!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The McCormick Place option would be a particularly bad option for women who want to be close to shopping, nightlife and activity. It's a ways South of downtown and would require a taxi back-and-forth. Additionally, while Chicago weather is notoriously unpredictable, once you get into November, it's not a bad idea to try to focus on being centrally located. Yes, the McCormick option is cheaper, but it becomes is it worth the time and cost and effort. Also, there's nothing right around the Hyatt McCormick (which is what that listing likely is.)

Highlights I see on HOTWIRE when searching for 3:

4.5* Loop $155 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Wyndham Grand Riverfront

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $159: Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

-- Likely Hyatt (on St Clair)

4.5* Mag Mile-RN $166 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities, Pet Friendly

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but the Loews would be a guess.

I'm not seeing any listings with bed choice in the 4-4.5* range on PRICELINE EXPRESS for these dates. Bed type isn't guaranteed with HOTWIRE, but if you are entering in more than double occupancy, you should get some sort of bedding for the entire party.

If they don't mind splitting the stay and moving hotels, let us know and we would be happy to offer options for that idea.

Also, please let me know if they have any city questions (if restaurants, let me know likes/dislikes, etc) at all.

Being very familiar with the area, I do often recommend Michigan Ave for window shopping, keeping in mind high taxes and prices. To the North of the city, in Old Town and Lincoln Park, there are a lot of great boutiques that have more of a treasure hunt feel and cheaper prices - for discounted high-end, Luxury Garage Sale (http://www.yelp.com/biz/luxury-garage-sale-chicago) being one in particular that's easy to get to. 

If they are driving, there's also Pleasant Prairie Outlet Mall just over the border in WI (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=90), another in Aurora and a Fashion Outlet in Rosemont. The Aurora and Pleasant Prairie malls would offer cheaper sales tax, as well.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the reply!

We went with:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN $166 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities, Pet Friendly
-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but the Loews would be a guess.

You were right, we got the loews.

Thanks again for help.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and I think you made an excellent choice. Not only is this a newer property, but it was built square in front of the Sheraton next door. The Sheraton used to have some very nice partial views of the lake from some rooms. After the Loews was built, I think many of those rooms probably no longer have those views. I'd recommend contacting the Loews and asking for a higher floor looking East or North in an attempt to get a partial/full lake view.  

Additionally, the area couldn't be better - there is a beautiful Whole Foods (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/streeterville) a block and a half away or so. This used to be a different grocery and WF did a complete top-to-bottom remodel that took a long time. The rest is a really nice store complete with some additional touches, such as a stand from local restaurant Raw, as well as a noodle bar.

Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Please let me know if you have any city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]