Priceline Hotel: Name your price fees fixed?

vwbaby
By vwbaby,
in

Sorry this might be a silly question but I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find an answer.

When I name my own price are the hotel fees that come up guaranteed? I'm trying to figure out which hotel I might be bidding on and it's very easy with express (different fees = different hotel possibilities). But I can't figure out if name your price just adds in a hotel fee that might or might not be charged or if that fee will help me figure out which hotel it is.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

If you're referring to the 'resort fee' that may be shown on the preview bid page, that is the maximum that is charged for a hotel of that star rating in the zone... not the specific resort fee for a specific hotel that you would be bidding on. Essentially PRICELINE is telling you the 'worst case scenario'... if the hotel you ultimately win has a resort fee that is less then indicated (or no resort fee at all), then you would be charged the lesser amount directly by the hotel.

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid as none of the information provided is hotel specific (it's more generic and/or pertains to all hotels in the zone)

Also, when trying to identify PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels, note that some resort fees are shown on a pre-tax basis and others on a post-tax basis, so if for example (in Las Vegas) you see one resort fee of $30, you can't necessarily exclude a hotel that you know has a $30 fee as the $33.36 could be the resort fee on an after tax basis.

We can help you identify PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels and/or confirm which hotel it is that you think you may be about to purchase, and you can also use our sister site ResortFee.com to help with your own research.

Where is it that you're looking stay? What are the dates of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Once you decide what you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, let us know your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) and we will try to help you find the best deal that meets your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]