Priceline Hotel: 5* none

sherazad
By sherazad,
in

Hello, can you please help me identify a Priceline Express deal in Alexandria East - Old Town, 2 stars? Features are:

Free Internet

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Guest rating 7+

US$ 45/night

It mentions you can choose between 2 full beds and a king bed.

2 Full Beds - Nonsmoking Room - Free Wifi
Save 38% on this stay!Book$45 /night
King Bed - Nonsmoking Standard Room - Free Wifi
Save 38% on this stay!Book$45 /night

Nothing else is mentioned.

My dates are 10/30 until 04/11.

A second question, I've been trying to bid but without success, should I wait until it gets closer to my dates to bid?

Thank you,
melissa.

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Florida Keys thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

In your reply regarding this DC trip, how high have you already bid, at what star rating, and for which zone(s)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm really sorry, thereuare, for forgetting to post how it ended up last time. I've just posted.

I've done the bids following the link you provide in your replies. I've bid the following to the dates I quoted before:

2.5 * - Downtown, White House, Capitol Hill, Crystal City, Convention Center, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom - up to US$ 45

3 * - Downtown, White House, Capitol Hill, Crystal City, Convention Center, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom, Arlington - up to US$ 55

No luck until now, and for this reason I was considering this priceline express offer I told you about.

Thank you very much,

Melissa

The Red Roof Plus+ Washington Dc Alexandria would be my best guess for this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer.

Is the purpose of this trip to explore 'downtown' Washington DC? If so, this location is not ideal as you're likely looking at over an hour to commute via mass transit... but i also don't think you'll likely have many options around the $50 price point; is this your maximum budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Can you help me identify a priceline Express Deal, please?

4 Star Hotel Downtown Area, 87 dollars/night for dates 10/30 until 11/04.
Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center
Guest ratings: 7+ Good
This deal saves 46% or more compared to similar hotels*

2 more questions, would I have a chance if I tried to book this deal through bidding (bidding 80 dollars per night, for example)? And if I get the same hotel through bidding, is it possible that they would then charge me fees that would make the total more expensive then the announced 87 per night on Express deals?

Thank you once again for your help,
Melissa.

The 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS has not yet been ID'd/reported, but the Westin would be a guess.

A hotel being offered on the Express side does not necessarily mean that that is what you will get on the bidding side. You still have to be willing to accept ANY hotel at the star rating chosen in the zone picked.

You can see the total before finalizing your bid or your PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase and compare what the total would be that way. 

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]