Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Arlington) Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I have to be in Arlington, VA (near the Ballston Metro area) between October 13 to 15.

I need a 1 room (3.5* Minimum) at a maximum budget of $100/per night.

For the past three days, I have been trying to get a 3.5* or a 4* room, bidding from $65 to $100, exhausting all rebid zones but failed.

As I have done before, I wouldn't mind staying in the DC area itself (though would prefer a closer location to Arlington, VA) - but wanted to check if there are other alternate bidding strategies available? Should I drop to 3*

Thanks - Noela

Your budget looks like it may be difficult for these dates in any of the zones you've mentioned... have you thought about Crystal City (which looks like you could take the Blue line to the Silver line in order to get to Ballston)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3.5* in the DC area you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Arlington and Crystal City...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Arlington and Capitol Hill-Convention Center...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Arlington, Crystal City, Capitol Hill-Convention Center...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you didn't win up to your max at 3.5*, you then have to decide whether or not to raise your desired max or start trying to bid on 3*.

Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer our thoughts on how to proceed.

i actually used the bidding strategy you suggested and bidded at the 3* level with no success.  So, I am not sure whether to try it again within a day or use a different strategy.  But please let me know if you have any further suggestions.

/Noela

I'm not currently seeing anything near the $100 area for these dates... even if looking further from the DC-area and staying west of the Ballston Metro station (in fact rates have gone up a little in the last few days)

What is your gameplan if rates don't drop over the next few days?

Have you tried the Bidding.Helper up above?   I used it with your dates and did stumble upon a Hot.wire $72 2* in Arlington.   It did throw in free breakfast.  You might find something better fitting your needs, but it is a start.

You have to click the different options separately to see what is offered.  It starts with the bidding page for Price.line.  You are probably tired of seeing that one.

If you see a possibility, you can post back here with all amenities and receive an educated guess as to what hotel you might receive.  Also, you can see what other bidders have received in the Hotel Lists above (tip - Arlington, VA is in the District of Colombia part of the lists, not Virginia where I first looked).  

Romelle

Hello, It's me again.  Having failed at bidding, I am looking at the following two hotels in the

Capitol Hill area. The total cost for two days will be between $260 - $277.  

So could you please help me ID these two properties - I am not sure if they are the same,

but could be similar:

Hotwire: Capitol Hill - National Mall area ($114/Night): 10/14 -  10/16

Free Internet

Airport shuttle

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Hotwire: Capitol Hill - National Mall area ($105/Night): 10/14 -  10/16

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service

laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Accessible for visually Impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

I'm only seeing the Boutique property above when searching for your dates... the Capitol Skyline would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hotwire: Capitol Hill - National Mall area ($105/Night): 10/14 -  10/16

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service

laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Accessible for visually Impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

Correct, the one above (with the Boutique amenity listed) i'm guessing is the Capitol Skyline.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hello Folks, 

Thanks for all your help. I had almost given up my search, but decided to just wait, and totally downgrade my criteria to a 2*.  So I did that this morning, placed a bid for a 2* hotel in the Arlington area, with the expectation that I might end up in one of the Inn's (Comfort Inn probably). My first bid of $50 was accepted - and I think it was upgraded to a 3* hotel (Courtyard Arlington, Rosslyn).  Here are the pertinent details:

Offer price: $50.00/night
Number of rooms: 1 room
Number of nights: 2 nights
Room subtotal: $100.00
Taxes & fees: $23.20
Total charged today: $123.20
Total charged: $123.20
Savings: You saved 78%*

Well, at the current rate of $234 per night, this seems like a steal, particularly given that it is a last minute bid (within 24 hrs of travel).

Thanks, and I used our favorite PRICELINE link

cheers, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]