Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis (Bloomington - Mall of America - MSP Airport) Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Airport-Mall Of America

Chris Conklin
By Chris Conklin,
in

Was hoping for Hilton again, but got Crowne Plaza Suites MSP Airport - Mall Of America Three Appletree Square, Minneapolis, MN 55425 ... 

Hotwire listing bragged "90% recommended" which is not consistent with Trip Advisor lately (the other CP in Bloomington West on Green Valley Drive is highly rated)... so we shall see.

$57 per room per night plus taxes and fees came to $284.18 for 2xRooms, 2xNights - making this a better deal (hopefully) than the 3* properties with free breakfasts for $77+ (although I'm curious about this new 3* "Boutique" amenity in MOA/MSP zone on Hotwire).  $20 buys a lot of food at IHOP!

Amenities listed:

Free parking
Free Internet
Indoor pool(s)
Airport shuttle
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access
Accessible for visually impaired
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Accessible parking
Roll-in shower

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Hotwire listing bragged "90% recommended" which is not consistent with Trip Advisor lately

The 90% recommended has nothing to do with TA. It's opinions from former HOTWIRE guests. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Hotwire listing bragged "90% recommended" which is not consistent with Trip Advisor lately

The 90% recommended has nothing to do with TA. It's opinions from former HOTWIRE guests.

In addition to the above, the amenity set above matches previous reports for this property as indicated in our Hotwire Hotel List (whereas the Hilton is also listed there with a different set of amenities)... so all of this should have been a clue that this was likely not the Hilton.

Feel free to ask the board for help and/or confirmation of what you think you may be about to purchase before your next opaque purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, I am also very curious about the supposed 3* boutique hotel in that zone.  I'm pretty much banned from trying for 3.5* hotels near the airport because my boyfriend absolutely hates Crownes and refuses to let me risk getting it, though I honestly don't have a big problem with that Crowne.  We have also stayed at the Crowne in Bloomington West, which I thought was a little bit nicer, but of course my bf hated it too!  I think both are perfectly fine for most people though, myself included.  Let me know if you ever discover the identity of the mysterious 3* boutique!

Leeley,

If you need help for an upcoming trip feel free to start a NEW TOPIC with the dates of your stay and we would be happy to assist you there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]