Priceline Hotel: Priceline re-bid

roadman
By roadman,
in

Priceline sent me an e-mail suggesting I could make the SAME bid that was just rejected about 4 hours after the failed bid.  What would be the purpose of that?  They also had their standard suggestion that we could change the price so long as we changed one of the other criteria.  I'm reluctant to ty the same bid again for fear that it would re-set the 24 hour clock on re-bidding with only a price change, as I have very little flexibility on this trip to Phila.

I'm a member, not a board official, but to move your process along a little bit:

You can now bid every 2 hours, rather than the 24 hours.

I think all Priceline meant was that you could submit a bid for the same zone(s) and star level as you had done 4 hours ago.  You could raise the bid amount, lower it, or leave it the same.  Sometimes hotels have given new room inventory to Price.line so even a bid at the same or a lower amount could make sense.

Philadelphia has lots of zones at lots of different star levels, so even with "little flexibility" there probably are bidding patterns that would let you make quite a few bids just in one session.  And therefore explore a range of rates all at once.

If you post back with your dates, desired zones and star level, plus some indication of your maximum budget, I'm sure you will be given a bidding pattern that will let you do the job effectively.  The reason for the budget number is so you aren't provided with a pattern that is higher than you'd like to try.

If you aren't yet familiar with free rebid zones, it would be good to study up on those here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

What are the actual dates of your stay? What has been your maximum bid so far and for which star rating and zone(s) have you bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]