Priceline Hotel: Bidding help..

Erex
By Erex,
in

Hi, I am new to this site and have read all the great suggestions. Can you help me with a bidding strategy on Priceline for a stay in Boston in preferrably a 3 star hotel (I would go lower if I had to) in the zones of either Boston common-theatre district, beacon hill, Copley square-back bay, or Cambridge east-Charlestown for the nights of September 25th and 26th. I know it's very last minute. I would like to only spend between $100-140 a night if possible.

Thank you

Which outlying areas would be acceptable? Unfortunately, Boston's core areas don't seem to have enough hotels to meet the kind of demand sometimes seen and busy periods can often become very expensive quickly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If your minimum star rating is 3 stars and you're willing to go up to $140 i would bid as follows:

When bidding 3* in Boston you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Saugus...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

... although i think it is likely that you will need to increase your budget and/or lower your star rating (at current prices in the $140-$160 range for a 2 star hotel)... for something more centrally located you're likely looking at a 4* hotel in the Cambridge area in the $275 ballpark.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how the above goes and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]