Priceline Hotel: Avila Beach CA

lorwellman
By lorwellman,
in

I am thinking about using the name your own price tool at priceline for an upcominng trip to California Oct 7 - 12.  We want to stay in Avila Beach - seems like a nice area and my husbands friend lives in nearby San Louis Obispo.  There are 5 total hotels currently listed on the regular Princeline page - 1 - 2 1/2 star 3- 3 stars and 1 - 3 1/2 star.  I really like the 2 1/2 star one and all of the 3 star hotels have good reviews and I would be happy with any of them except for one. That one got ok reviews but is in the middle of a remodel and reviews say the rooms that have not been updated yet are very old and dated.  I am afriad if I bid -  I will win that one and they will put us in one of the older rooms because of the low price.  Any suggustions on how to bid?  Should I start with 3 1/2 stars (but that one is pricer than the others and I really don't think I would win that with the bid I want to give!) Or should I start with 2 1/2 stars and hope they don't upgrade me to the iffy 3 star one?  The 2 1/2 star is the one I really like and the cheapest of all of them on the retail site.

We will be spending 2 nights there and then moving to Bakersfield for my husbands 40th HS reunion!!  I think I will try to Priceline for Bakersfield also.  Any tips for that city?  I have not really looked into that yet.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Lori

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you have concerns with potentially getting a particular hotel, I would suggest either PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE. Either of those services are going to be a little more expensive, but is it worth it to have a better chance of getting a hotel you're happy with? Do you have a particular budget/star rating in mind?

What are the actual dates of the Avila Beach leg of your trip? What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for these dates?

Please start a new thread for your Bakersfield stay and we would be happy to help in regards to that trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]