Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Ka'anapali) Sheraton

mfeining
By mfeining,
in

I am totally new to Hotwire, but I am trying to book a resort on Maui for 1/21-1/30, which is very fast approaching. I was reading Consumer Reports when I stumbled on BetterBidding and what a help it has been! I did many searches on all of the different sites and finally thought I found a deal when I came upon a huge snag. I did a search for kaanapali for 1/21-1/25 and came up with the following amenities;

resort, beachfront, restaurants, pools, fitness center, spa services, high speed internet, children's activity programs, golf nearby, tennis nearby, business center, and laundry facilities.... it seemed like the sheraton at a great price, then when I was just about to book it, I tried 1/21-1/30 and an exact match came up but it was A CUSTOMER FAVORITE!!! Can someone please tell me if the reviews rotate or are they a dead giveaway of a match. I am seriously doubting myself at this point, because when you look at what appears to be the Hyatt Regency for the same timeline, the reviews match exactly. I'm sorry for being so wordy, but I am confused and not sure what to do. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 4* that you are seeing for 1/21-1/25 is likely different than the 4* you are seeing for 1/21-1/30, as the amenity icons are NOT the same. Notice the first set of dates has 12 amenity icons, while the second set of dates only has 11!

Best guess is that the first one (at least on my serach) is the Sheraton while the second one is the Westin... note the differences in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Thanks for the quick response and good eye! Being the novice that I am, I didn't notice that there were 11 amenities in 1 and 12 in the other. It sealed the deal and I booked it! Sure enough the first one was the Sheraton. Now I'm looking at booking the second part 1/2 of our (myself and my wife's) trip. Would I have to be a complete wacko to do it when I get there? We live in North Dakota so the you never know what the weather could do. Besides that, our connecting flight is out of Salt Lake City. I have 1 more weird question for you, and believe me, I read and read and read so I don't think it's totally out of whack. When you go hotel only on hotwire and it gives you results, can you use the crossed-out retail price to figure out which hotel it is? I'm looking at the January 26-30 on Maui and the 4-star on makena wailea has a retail of 504.00. I think it was Travelocity"]Travelocity that showed the maui prince for a retail of 504; however, I'm almost positive the hotel is the Diamond Resort. Thanks for the help.

Congratulations on your success on the first purchase.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay as (tomorrow morning when my eyes are open) we'll edit this toipc title to reflect the Sheraton win... we'll then be able to do the same for your subsequent stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]