Hotwire Hotel: 5* Tampa (Downtown) Le Meridien Tampa

bcl1111
By bcl1111,
in

First, I am a newcomer to these forums so apologies if the answer to my question ia already available and I haven't spotted it.

Hotwire Easy View is showing the hotel description as:

Downtown Tampa

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearbyFitness Center , indood or oudoor poll, self-service laundry.

As far as I can establish there are no 5 star hotels in Tampa. I've checked this site's hotel list for Hotwire and no 5 star is listed.

However I visited Tripadvisor and searched for Tampa "boutique" hotels. Le Meridien came up in the results and it seems to be in downtown area but it's 4 star.

Any help is appreciated.

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearbyFitness Center , indood or oudoor poll, self-service laundry.

You've listed 'Self-Service Laundry' twice and 'Indoor or Outdoor Pool' is not an amenity that is used by HOTWIRE... is this the amenity set associated with this property (although i'm currently seeing this offer at $100/nite):

Boutique

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

I will add that i'm seeing this 4 star Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $89/nite with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness on PRICELINE EXPRESS.

--> my guess for this property would be the well reviewed Le Meridien Tampa if this is a property you're interested in

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Many thanks for your reply.

I actually copied & pasted the description from Hotwire Easy View listing into my original post so can assure you it did say self-service laundry! (That threw me too as I couldn't imagine a 5 star hotel offering that - they make too much dosh out of a laundry service.)

Maybe I should have said I am a solo traveller and it is still coming up at $85 for me i.e. 1 room, 1 person.

The hotel description you are seeing on Hotwire is 4 or 5 star?

I wasn't questioning the inclusion of a Self-service Laundry at this amenity set... i was questioning the accuracy of the list you posted as one amenity was listed twice and also misspelled 'indood or oudoor poll' (and this also is not an amenity that is used by HOTWIRE). ;)

If you redo your search does the 5* you're currently seeing show the amenities i've included in my post above? What is the current price?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, as of 23:34 BST, I still get the description I aleady posted and a price of $85 for a search of 19 to 21 October, 1 room, 1 adult, 0 children.

Why are you not able to replicate this search using your site's Bidder Helper?

And, for your information, the grammitical and spelling errors were all from the Hotwire Easy View hotel amenities description. If you are unable to duplicate, pleas do not assume I entered them in error!

I have tried to copy & paste my Hotwire result but your site is no longer showing a "paste" option. If you will supply an alternative address, I shall be be only too happy to forward my results to you.

You seem to be not helping me, only obstructing me by challenging my veracity and I don't understand why. Please can you explain for my benefit and that of those others who may be following this thread!

Thank you.

I'm also seeing when searching for one adult:

Boutique, Near Beach, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry, Golf, Tennis (5*, Downtown)

This listing hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd also guess the Le Meridien is a possibility.

You seem to be not helping me...

To research hotels we need to be sure of the exact amenity set that is being offered, and given that your post above included 'indoor and outdoor pool', which is not an amenity set that is used by HOTWIRE, i was trying to confirm the amenity set before proceeding so that i knew exactly what i should be looking for.

If you notice that AaronJB's amenity set is exactly the same amenity set that i had posted... which differs from your amenity set as it does not include "indoor or outdoor pool" (and only listed Laundry once).

I saw the $100 rate as i was searching for the default 2adults/0children... i now see the same $85/nite price when searching for 1adult/0children.

Hi again

I just discovered that when I try to click through to book from your Bidder Helper site I get an error message 1310. When I then do another try, I get a page quoting me in £ rather than $. This may explain the differences in the amenities list. I am based in UK and accessing site on my iPad i.e. Safari.

Whe n I go through to the £ site, there is a banner saying "Hotels in our secret 5 star collection" and another banner showing "The Luxury Collection" and the "Le Meridien" is the only hotel listed.

Am at a loss knowing what to do.

You should be able to change the country and/or currency on either site using the dropdown menu(s) on the top right corner of each of their websites.

Whether to use PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE depends what is most important to you for this trip... bidding is slightly cheaper then PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE, but you then have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating that you bid; whereas Priceline Express and Hotwire may cost a little more, but it gives you the ability to take a guess as to which hotel it is that you may received, as well as know certain characteristics about the hotel (ie- if it has a pool, a good user review rating in the case of the PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel, etc)

If you'd like to try bidding let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]