Hotwire Hotel: 5* - London: Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho (ME London?)

whiterat
By whiterat,
in

Hi,

Spent some time reading around but I'm at a loss!

I'm after the "ME London" ideally, and I'm confident it is one of the below (not only because it has been reported previously on here, but also Hotwire did it's little popup saying someone recently got this hotel).

One problem is that the Hotwire tab doesn't match the Hotwire Easyview... So I've put as much information on here as I can!

Any tips much appreciated!

(fyi Hotwire lists the ME London as $937.00, elsewhere going rate seems to be about $640)

London
Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho
5*
15th September > 17th September

Hotwire Easyview:

$439.00
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Business center, Internet access, Spa services

$520.00
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Hotwire:

$439.00 (was $732.00)
"The last person got the ME London"
Free Internet,Spa services,Pet Friendly,Business Center
90% Recommended
4.5/5 Tripadvisor

$606.00 (was $957.00)
Free Internet,Indoor pool(s),Pool(s),Spa services
95% Recommended
4.5/5 Tripadvisor

$535.00
"The last person got the The Metropolitan"
95% Recommended
4.5/5 Tripadvisor
Boutique hotel,Business center,Fitness center,Free Internet,Golf nearby,Pet friendly,Restaurant(s),Tennis nearby

$521.00
"The last person got the The Metropolitan"
80% Recommended
4/5 Tripadvisor
Boutique hotel,Business center,Fitness center,Free Internet,Restaurant(s),Self-service laundry

$727.00
80% Recommended
4/5 Tripadvisor
Business center,Fitness center,Internet access,Restaurant(s),Spa services
Accessible for hearing impaired,Accessible path of travel,In-room accessibility,Wheelchair accessible

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few comments to get started...

"The Last Person got ___" tag shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel of that star rating in the zone, not necessarily the specific hotel currently offered. So if there is a pop-up that the last person got the ME London, then you know that this is a possibility hotel offered at this star rating in the zone... but it says very little about the current offer being this particular hotel.

If a hotel is not appearing in the EASY VIEW, you can do the following to see the complete amenity set:

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
What is your maximum budget per nite (before fees/taxes) for this trip? Are you open to other hotels besides the ME London or is this the only hotel you're willing to accept for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply!

I had read that about the "The last person got..." and what I listed was every 5* hotel in the mayfair area so comfortable that one of them is the ME.

(But I wasn't aware of the additional information on the booking page!)

Anywho 24 hours later the hotel list and prices have changed again, but I think we may have a pretty good candidate.

Easyview is now showing:

5* Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho @ $509

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

Which matches perfectly with the successful ME London win from here: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=196340

$318.00  and 5 stars in Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho area
FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

(Although I wish it was that price now!!)

I'm not sure what event is happening in London next week but all hotel prices are sky high.

Not stuck to the ME but I am quite particular about my hotels, I like high quality modern hotels (none of that old furniture and oh-so common trouser press setup...)

So with hotwire taxes it works out less than 5% cheaper than booking with the hotel directly!

Not worth the risk for that kind of saving. But I will keep an eye on it, if the price drops before the weekend I might have it and will report back!

Let us know if/when the a hotel drops into an acceptable price range and we'll have a look at any offers at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

While you wait and hope for the price to drop, you may want to use our sister site RefundableRates.com to find a suitable back-up to protect yourself from rates rising from here.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]