Priceline Hotel: New to Bidding/Have question

Kratcliffe
By Kratcliffe,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding! Your kind words are very much appreciated.

There are more Priceline posts than Hotwire for 2 reasons:

1) Priceline is generally a little cheaper than Hotwire

2) Priceline covers substantially more cities throughout the country than Hotwire. As well, Hotwire has just started to offer hotels outside of US/Canada while Priceline has been doing it for quite some time.

Here is some info you may want to read about the differences between Priceline and Hotwire: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

One thing to be careful of in NYC is that some hotel rooms can only accomodate one bed, and Priceline only guarantees sleeping accomodations for 2 people. It's not that you're not allowed a 3rd person, but there is a chance that you could get a room with only a King bed and no available room for a cot. It's not the most likely scenario, but it is a possibility.

Let us know if you decide to move forward and we'll try to help you identify any Hotwire properties or develop a bidding strategy for Priceline.

Feel free to ask any add'l questions you may have in this thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, forgot to answer that question...

Definately NOT too early. I usually see what's available on Hotwire or bidding on Priceline as soon as i know my plans are firm (since reservations can't be cancelled). If you look at the Florida forum, there are many people already booked for stays in 2004!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]