Check-In Date: Saturday, January 14, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, January 15, 2006

Your Offer Price: $43.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $43.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$12.55

Total Charges: $55.55

I bid this the day before. I normally would have been able to use Menominee Falls as a rebid but it was greyed out as rooms were not available anymore with such a last minute bid. I first tried $38 and was countered to add $11. I then had my mom bid since she was going with me and had her bid $43 which was accepted. I think this is a new hotel for our lists.

• 5 months later...
I bid this the day before. I normally would have been able to use Menominee Falls as a rebid but it was greyed out as rooms were not available anymore with such a last minute bid. I first tried $38 and was countered to add $11. I then had my mom bid since she was going with me and had her bid $43 which was accepted.

Hello Hanna,

I know this stay is long past, but others may benefit from this little trick.

Someone once suggested that by using certain small towns in Wisconsin, you can get many rebid opportunities. Germantown is one of those towns - if you start your Priceline request for Franklin, WI they'll tell you they don't have hotels there, but offer you a list like this:

Sturtevant Wisconsin 19.9

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 22.8

Burlington Wisconsin 23.2

Racine Wisconsin 24.4

Germantown Wisconsin 26

East Troy Wisconsin 28.9

Delafield Wisconsin 31.3

Kenosha Wisconsin 31.9

Ya, that's right - even includes Kenosha - a long ways from Germantown. The first three and Kenosha only have 1-*'s so it gives you many rebid opportunities (even if one is grey'd out).

This seems to work for some other small towns in WI as well. You just have to experiment a little.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]