Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire Help - Grand Bahama Island - Is this the Westin??

PittATL
By PittATL,
in

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum so I apologize if I may not use proper protocol or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm looking to stay at the Our Lucaya Westin (would prefer not the Sheraton but would take it as a last "resort", haha) anytime from late April to mid-May.

On Hotwire right now I got a $114 per night on Grand Bahama Island at a 4 STAR from May 3-7 (wed-sun). Listed amenities say resort, beachfront, restaurant(s), fitness center, children's activity program, tennis nearby, laundry facilities, pool(s), spa services, golf nearby, and business center. And again, it's a 4 star. Customer feedback rates 5, 4, and 5 for overall value, room comfort, and service. It's also listed as a 50% savings over the $229 retail.

How confident can I be that this is the Our Lucaya WESTIN and not the Sheraton at the same place. Is it being a 4 star tell me it's the Westin for sure? If so, this is an amazing deal right??

Also, just in general. Anyone ever stay at Our Lucaya? What's your opinion of it? Is the Westin side far better than the Sheraton side??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Sheraton is currently rated 3* by Hotwire so "something would be wrong" if this would be the Sheraton (except in very rare instances where hotels have two classes of rooms, with one class being higher rated than the other, but this is extremely rare).

It is a match for the Westin so that would be our best guess and, based upon the information we know, the most likely outcome (but never any guarantees).

Here are some REVIEWS of the Westin.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Based on your expertise......would you suggest that I jump on this deal asap??

Also.....stupid general question that you may have no idea of an answer, but why not??

Do you know if you accrue Starwood Preferred Guest pts if you book thru Hotwire??

Thanks,

Aaron

Hotwire stays are not awarded hotel points (except in rare instances).

Whether to take this offer or not is up to you. I don't follow this market as closely as others (it's not bid or purchased so much by board usrs) so i don't know how often the offers come and go. You also have to weigh how firm your plans are as well as, if you wait, how flexible they are in case the offer disappears.

As an FYI, there is a $183/nite package available thru WESTIN which includes a $50 spa credit (per stay) and Continental Breakfast for 2 daily. I think the above would still work out cheaper, but just making sure you saw this offer as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the great info. My travel dates are flexible (want to go anytime from late APril thru mid May) and I have the Wendy's Airtran vouchers I'll be using for my flights, so I think I'll see if anything else comes up. The Spa package isn't bad, but what would a $50 spa credit get you? One 30 minute massage for either me or my girlfriend probably......not worth the extra money at all.

I think I'll try Priceline first to match....they seem to charge less tax than this Hotwire deal and, from what I was told on the phone w/ Westin, you do accrue Starwood pts if you book thru Priceline.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]