Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orange County (Costa Mesa - Orange County Airport - Irvine) Avenue Of The Arts Wyndham Hotel

faihai
By faihai,
in

I'm looking at 4 star hotels.  All in Costa Mesa - Orange County Airport - Irvine area.

2 rooms, 3 adults total 

Thu Oct 1 to Sun Oct 4

Choice 1:

$123/CAD night

90% recommended

Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Internet access   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry   Smoke-free rooms   Spa services

Choice 2:

$157/CAD night

85% recommended

Free Internet

Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Golf nearby   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa?

Choice 3:  

$180/CAD night

75% recommended

Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Golf nearby   Internet access   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry

Not that keen on the last choice, as it's the most expensive and has the lowest recommendation.  First is most appeaing due to the cheapest price and the highest recommendation.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I have never used Priceline before, but I am looking to book 2 rooms at a 3.5-4 star hotel in the Costa Mesa area.  I would prefer 4 star, but the hotels listed in the 3.5 category are pretty good.

A friend of mine told me that he got the Westin South Coast Plaza for $85/USD a night.  Do you think I could get a 4 star hotel for this price?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The issue with PRICELINE is that you have to be willing to accept any potential hotel in the zone. I think $85USD (hopefully the exchange rate will start to move back up towards par with USD for Canadian travelers soon) will be difficult, but bidding on PRICELINE will be cheaper than HOTWIRE - but with that comes the need for being more flexible in where you may end up.

With HOTWIRE, please make sure that you are listing all amenities, including accessible amenities.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Please list all, including accessible amenities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When using the BiddingHelper.com.com tool, I only get one 4 star hotel result. I suspect this is Choice 1, just from the exchange rate.

It's at $91 USD per night, which is about $120 CAD, and the full amenities are: airport shuttle, smoke-free rooms, fitness centre, pools, restaurants, business centre, self-service laundry, internet, spa services, accessible for visually and hearing impaired, accessible path of travel, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, accessible parking, roll in shower.

How come the other two hotels are not listed here?

If you think $85 USD per night will be difficult with Price.line, and this one is $91 USD with Hot.wire, then this appears to be a pretty good deal.

Thanks.

How come the other two hotels are not listed here?

Try this from the regular HOTWIRE view.

Search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer

·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if this works.

Yellowdog.

Try this from the regular HOTWIRE view.

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

· click the offer

· on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

· in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Let us know if this works.

Yellowdog.

When I click regular view for Hotwire through the biddinghelper.com page, it gives me an error. It says the session is not found on the server.

For my Choice 1, at $91 USD/$123 CAD a night, the full amenities are:

Airport shuttleSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business centerSelf-service laundryInternet accessSpa servicesAccessible for visually impairedAccessible for hearing impairedAccessible path of travel

The other two hotels that were there yesterday don't come up anymore.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]