Priceline Hotel: Hotels in Galveston Texas

dicksinda
By dicksinda,
in

I know that the Hilton Galveston Island Resort, the Holiday Inn Resort, and the San Louis Resort have free shuttles. I need two rooms for one night on October 31st 2015 departing November 1st 2015. Looks like the hotels have raised their rates for that night knowing that passengers need rooms for one night. Does anyone have any specific suggestions for securing a room in the $125 per night range with the free shuttle to the cruise line terminals.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With PL Expres and/or HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for.

However, searching both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS i don't see any 3* hotels at $125 or less (so didn't even take the next step at trying to guess the hotels offered to see if they have shuttles to the port).

An idea... how about something like the 2.5* Galveston West all-suite hotel offered on HOTWIRE for $86/nite. At roughly $40/nite below your budget, times 2 rooms, this is a savings of about $80+... would a taxi from this area to the port cost less then $80? You can use our sister site Pre Cruise Hotels to get an overview of the area and the distance from hotels to the port.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

PS- if you decide you want one of the hotels you mention in your first post you can use RefundableRates.com to find the one with the best cancellable rate and use that as a back-up while you continue to hope for lower prices in the months ahead (but having a refundable back-up will protect you from any further price increases)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you driving in or flying in? Last year my granddaughter and I took a Princess cruise from Galveston, and had a similar problem. We were flying into Bush airport. I bid on a hotel at the airport. Next morning we took the airport shuttle back to the airport and then the purchased cruise shuttle from there. I think the cruise shuttle was $24 per person. It worked quite well.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]