Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

JFrench951
By JFrench951,
in

Hi,

My 13 year old daughter and I are going to Chicago Sat. Sept 19 - Mon Sept 21 for a "Girls Weekend".  (aka, she wants to shop and eat :) ) .  I am trying to find hotels in the Michigan Ave/River North or Upper Millennium Park-Grant Park area.  Thoughts on these? I am hoping to spend around 150-200 a night. I

DT/MPGP Area

4.5 stars

204 a night

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4 stars

169  a night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

MM/RN Area

3.5 stars

212 a night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks.

Not sure if you're driving in or flying in - if you are driving in I'll note that the downtown area does look on the expensive side for these nights. I usually suggest the North Burbs, although unfortunately they look somewhat more expensive than usual (but would be cheaper than downtown.) If you are flying in, I'd stay downtown.

The 4.5* Downtown-MP-GP is a possible match for the Swiss, the 4* Downtown-MP-GP is a possible match for the Hyatt on Wacker. The 3.5* Mag Mile RN would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile N-WT area w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $200. This would be a possible match for the Hyatt on St Clair, which would be a pretty perfect spot if you are looking to be near Michigan Ave. You may see a slightly different price than I do.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

While Michigan Ave is popular for shopping, I'll note that there are some cool thrift/boutique stores North of the city, including things like Luxury Garage Sale (http://www.yelp.com/biz/luxury-garage-sale-chicago), which is reasonably easy to get to and is near Lincoln Park Zoo and Old Town.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I went ahead and booked your recommendation and it was the Hyatt on St. Clair.  Perfect location.  I was leary of attemping of the 3.5 Mag Mile RN and finding out it was  the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.  Not that I don't like that hotel, but I have stayed there a few times before and wanted something new.  I also noticed that the prices seemed a bit higher in general downtown than other weekends.

Thank you for your help!  I am also going to take your suggestion and check out some of the stores North of the city.  It has been about 8 years since I have been to Chicago. It is such a great city!

Thanks!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]