Priceline Hotel: Booking a 2 Queen Room on Priceline - Okay for 4 People?

Jelea87
By Jelea87,
in

Hi, I'm new here (yes, I read my messages!) so hopefully I am doing this correctly. My husband's great aunt passed away and we are looking for a cheap room since we didn't exactly budget for this. It will be in Gilory, CA but I think the area is irrelevant to my question. My mother-in-law and my husband's grandmother will be coming with us. I was looking at the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals on Price.line and I am able to book a 3 star hotel that specifically says it is for 1 room with 2 Queen Beds. Is it safe to assume that having 4 poeple in a room with 2 queen beds (plus a toddler, but we bring her travel crib) is okay? My husband is very unsure about this whole thing since we have never used Price.line before but I can't find anything online or on this forum about this exact question. I am pretty confident that it is for a Best Western if that makes any difference. Thank you very much!

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Yes, two queens will sleep four guests. And bringing your travel crib shouldn't be a problem.

But please post your date(s), city, zone, price, star rating and the amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll be happy to have a look at this (and give our thoughts as to your guess of this being the Best Western).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! It is for tomorrow night (Thursday, August 20th) through Friday (August 21st). The city is Gilroy, CA. I think it is just zone 1. The Express Deal is for $105. The amenities are Breakfast, Swimming Pool, Free Parking, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant too. It also has a 7+ guest rating with a 3 star rating for the hotel itself. The only hotel that comes up in the regular search for hotels that matches all of this is the Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn (regularly $125/night).

Even if that is not the hotel we don't mind too much. We mostly care about having the 2 beds for 4 people, and free breakfast. That and it being in Gilroy. We figure any 3 star hotel should be pretty nice. We are not picky.

Thanks again! This is a really great website!

I would agree that the best guess for this offer would be the Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn.

Technically all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy, but i don't know anyone that has ever had an issue when booking a PRICELINE EXPRESS room that can accommodate quad occupancy.

We're glad you like the website and have found it helpful... we hope that you will use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchase.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...

JEXPS,

Welcome to Betterbidding! 

Please start a new thread with the details of your purchase and we would be happy to offer our thoughts. Very sorry to hear that you are facing a similar situation and we look forward to trying to help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

JEXPS,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As this thread is nearly 4 years old and the OP may not see your question, i will provide some general information:

-all PRICELINE reservations (unless otherwise indicated) are booked for double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel.  Even if a bed choice of 2 Queen beds (or some other configuration that can accommodate 3/4 guests) is shown, the reservation is still technically for double occupancy, although i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with 3/4 when the room is designed to accommodate this number of guests

With the above noted, a few TIPS to avoid any issues:

-i would not try this at an all-inclusive property or a location where wristbands are required to use certain features (ie- the water park at Atlantis in the Bahamas) as the types of situations almost always require an additional fee for more than double occupancy

-you can minimize the chances of any problems by only have 2 guests go to the check-in counter while the other(s) go begin to explore the hotel.  Easier to do in a place like Las Vegas where the hotels are large, the check-in desk is not by the front door and only guests of the hotel are coming/going.... more difficult to do at a low star rated hotel in a rural area where the front desk is there to see everyone coming/going

-HOTWIRE allows searches for up to quad occupancy and guarantees 'sleeping accommodations' (often means 2 beds in the room but could include a pullout sofabed or rollaway brought into the room) for everyone included in the search, so that is another option if/when a 'bed choice' with 2 beds is not offered

-usually less of a risk if the 3rd/4th guests are children (the younger / smaller the better) than if the extra guests are adults

Lastly, there is often 'location specific' advice.  For example, a high percentage of hotel rooms in Orlando are designed for families and the hotel is used to seeing groups of 3/4/more so the risk in a family-friendly place such as this is less vs. for example NYC where the opposite is true (rooms are usually smaller, often designed for a solo business traveler, etc)

If you'd like specific suggestions for your particular situation please feel free to start a NEW TOPIC with the parameters of your trip (location, dates, budget, number of guests, etc)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]