Need a Firm Answer About Bid Rejection

MattSzat913
By MattSzat913,
in

First off, I'm very sorry if this has been posted before.

But, i've spent 4 hours and multiple calls to priceline trying to get a straight answer on this and have yet to find one.

This seems like the place to find it.

I enter my own price. I go through the next page suggesting i should go higher.

The website accepts my bid. On the next page it asks for all my information.

When I enter all my information and then hit buy what happens after that.

If my bid is rejected does it end there? are they no longer allowed to charge me without my approval?

Essentially if I put $27 in for the car rental then hit buy, and they deny it, is that the end of it? and I get charged nothing?Or do they then charge me the rate they want to? 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yup, this is the place to be ;)

Essentially if I put $27 in for the car rental then hit buy, and they deny it, is that the end of it? and I get charged nothing?

Correct, you'll not be charged anything if you bid is rejected. And if you get rejected is that the end of  if.

Or do they then charge me the rate they want to?

PRICELINE would never charge you a higher daily rate then the one you have bid at.

Let us know how we can help you further with your car rental.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Matt,

I recently rented a car via Priceline.  Continually got their message suggesting I go higher.  I ignored it and persevered, inching up $1 or $2 at a time.  As I got higher, the suggested bid actually increased.  I continued to ignore it.  Eventually had a successful bid which is posted HERE in the Auto area - Akron, Ohio.  

I've rented several cars this way.  It works.

Do though take a look at what Hot.wire has to say.  Sometimes their offers are better.

I do get the $11 a day insurance.  Didn't used to, but found I drive more relaxed knowing I have that coverage.

Be prepared for a big "upsale" at the counter.  Seems all the car companies do it now.  Lots of offers "for only a few $$ more...".  Just keep saying "no, thanks".  They will give up eventually and give you your car.  

Finally, my choice is always to tell them I'll bring the car back filled with gas.  Their other choices just don't work out.

Romelle

Thank you for responding!

When do I find out that i have officially gotten the bid accepted.

I've multiple times gotten to the page where it requests my credit card information. After I enter all that and click buy now, am I officially registered?

Or is it THEN i find out if my bid was truly accepted. 

Once you click the BUY NOW button you'll know in about 30-60 seconds if your bid has been accepted or not.

If not, you're not charged anything... if your bid is accepted, your credit card is charged and you're given the details (including the name of the rental company) that has accepted your bid price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- let us know where it is that you're looking to rent a car, we will move this thread to the correct section of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]