Offer Price: $38.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $152.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $24.88

Total Charges: $176.88

Unsuccessful bidding on January 14, 2006:

1) $35 for 2* in Sterling.

2) $35 for 2* in Dulles Airport (IAD) -- Priceline counter-offered to increase my price by $9 -- declined.

3) $37 for 2* in Dulles Airport (IAD) + Sterling.

4) $37 for 2* in Leesburg.

Successful bidding on January 17, 2006:

5) $38 for 2* in Sterling -- and my bid was accepted.

Rate:

The best available rate from the hotel Web site for the same dates was $125.10/night.

As close to the Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) as many of the hotels in the Dulles Airport (IAD) zone.

Congratulations on your win and and thank you for sharing it with the board.

The URL you provided above goes to the Candlewood in Sterling, which does not appear to be in this priceline zone (seems to be in the Sterling zone)... are you sure you didn't win the Candlewood Suites in Herndon (which is in this Priceline zone) or also bid the Sterling zone?

If your addresses above are correct, you may know the area better than i do... is this hotel in fact in priceline's (Airport IAD) zone?

Thanks!

EDIT: i just re-read thru the post... you did bid Sterling, but the topic title was incorrect, i'll edit now... if it appears incorrect please let me know

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The topic title is now correct (Priceline zone: Sterling).

I know the area around the Dulles Airport very well, and I think of the Sterling zone as merely the north end of the Dulles Airport (IAD) zone. Most of the hotels in the Sterling zone are about the same driving distance from the Dulles Airport as the hotels in the south end of the Dulles Airport (IAD) zone. Route 28 (Sully Road), the highway that passes by the airport and connects the Dulles Airport (IAD) and Sterling zones, is now a much improved and very fast road, with very few traffic lights and many overpasses.

Thus, I put the Dulles Airport (IAD) in the title, because Sterling was already in the name of the hotel, plus I wanted to indicate how close this hotel is located to the Dulles Airport. My apologies for the confusion.

Candlewood Suites Sterling (the Sterling zone) and Candlewood Suites Herndon (the Dulles Airport (IAD) zone) are nearly identical hotels, located about the same driving distance from the airport. I really like them both, and have stayed in both a number of times. Candlewood Suites Sterling is newer (opened in 2005), and has a lot more restaurants and shopping nearby, even within walking distance. Candlewood Suites Herndon is slightly closer to the airport, but is located in a more isolated (office and residential) area (with many restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]