Priceline Hotel: NYC Midtown Hotel 3/13-3/18 (need strategy, please)

kaira
By kaira,
in

This board is absolutely fantastic, so kudos to whomever developed it!

I need two rooms in NYC (preferably Midtown West) for March 13 (Monday) through March 18 (Saturday). There will be two people in each room. I would like a 4* hotel and keep my bidding under $120, which may be unreasonable for a 4* in MTW, but it looks like some people are getting fantastic offers.

I have used Priceline for the last two trips to NY and received the Hilton New York for $92/night (August 2003) and Broadway Millenium for $120/night (March 2004).

Any strategy suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I fully intend to use SavingsBarn.com.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read re-bid explained and feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would begin....

Select 4* MTW....

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2....

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120

If the above is rejected i would consider expanding your search beyond MTW (and include MTE and UM/CPS) and/or raise your bid amount.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the quick response. I couldn't get a hotel room with any of the strategies perhaps because of the following reasons:

1. St. Patrick's Day

2. Length of stay

3. Spring Break for lots of people

Just to be certain, the re-bid zones in NYC are the UES and UWS?

Do you think it would be better to split up our stay? I really don't mind if it means we save a ton of money (plus three out of four of us are college students). We could definitely do a three night and then a two night stay.

Again, I appreciate your help, this great site and all of the work you do. I've already recommended you to my friends :)

If the above is rejected i would consider expanding your search beyond MTW (and include MTE and UM/CPS) and/or raise your bid amount.
I would first include MTE and UM/CPS in my bidding, and then look at splitting your priceline bid.

You maximum bid is on the low end of the scale so you need should be a bit more open to other zones to increase your chances of success (imo).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I went up to $150 max with all three zones and UES and UWS...of course, this was for a 4* hotel. I really would like to stay in that class.

We're willing to split our stay if need be (and it looks like we will). I really don't want to pay $250+/night for a hotel room - and that's on the cheaper side of things if Priceline isn't used.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previosuly.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previosuly.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previosuly.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previosuly.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Try the above in the following date order:

3/13-3/17

3/14-3/18

3/13-3/16

3/15-3/18

If you find success at any step along the way post back and we'll then revise for the balance of your stay.

Good Luck.

Well, after 72 attempts, I came up with nothing. I suppose we're willing to try a 3*, but I'm concerned about room size. Do you know if 3* rooms are generally bigger in MTE or UM/CPS than in MTW? Just curious...

I used SavingsBarn each time I needed to re-access Priceline, so I hope you all get credit for that :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]