Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Disney Downtown - Lake Buena Vista) Grande Villas Resort

Leandro Marinho
By Leandro Marinho,
in

Hello,

I will go with my girlfriend to Orlando and Miami at the end of September, and get a cruise afterwards. I am planning to get a hotel on both cities through Priceline, but I don't want to spend too much.

I would like some help with deciding my bidding plan.

On Miami, I plan to stay somewhere on South Beach, but I am open to recommendations. I can spend up to $120, but if I can get something nice for less than that, great. 

For Orlando, I want to spend as little as possible, just need a nice and clean place to sleep, since we will only be visiting the parks for a few days, and won't have time to spend on the hotel.

I am planning the following.

September

29th - Arriving in Miami International Airport from Brazil at 6:30. Drive to Orlando. Visit both Universal Parks and sleep in a hotel

30th - 2 Disney parks - Sleep in a hotel

October

1st - 2 Disney parks - Sleep in a hotel

2nd - Drive to Miami in the Morning

3rd - Miami

4th - Miami in the morning and embark on cruise in the afternoon in FLL.

11th - Spend a day on Sawgrass Mills until my flight to Brazil in the night.

I am also thinking about changing the 2nd of October for an extra day in Orlando, and leave for Miami in the night.

What do you guys think? Would that be a good plan? And how much do you think I need to spend to stay in a good cost benefit place in Miami in South Beach of some other nice region?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip... we will use this thread for your first stay (Orlando), feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the Miami portion of your trip.

When you say '2 Disney parks - Sleep in a hotel' i'm not sure if you are intending to cover two Orlando parks each day (4 parks in total over two days) or one park each day, but i would opt for only one park each day. There is not enough time to cover two Disney parks per day and if you do 'hop parks' you waste time traveling between the two.

Whether to extend an extra nite in Orlando (and reduce Miami by one nite), that is really a personal choice, based upon how much you want to visit the parks vs. paryting/beach in Miami. Not sure of your age, but the Disney parks are an experience you can only get a few places in the world, so i would extend the Orlando portion of your trip (although a park a day for 3 days in a row is a LOT)... whereas you can likely party/beach in many more places (including Brazil); however, if you're young and more into the partying lifestyle (vs. the parks) then by all means choose the extra day in Miami.

You didn't give us a sense of your budget or type of hotel you'd like to stay in, but in Orlando you're likely looking at about $70 for a 3* hotel - $100 for a 4* hotel.

In Miami you're likely looking at the $100-$125 area for a 3*/3.5* or $175-$200 for something around the 4* level (depending upon zones and dates you ultimately decide upon)

Let us know once you confirm your dates and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

29th & Orlando

Ok, lets assume your airline does not delay. And lets assume you will go through the border really quick. And lets assume you can get tour rental car really quick without any problems.

So you should get you rental car by 8:00am and ready to go. Around noon, you should be at Orlando.

Lets assume you purchased your tickets before the trip, so you don't have to waste time in line outside Universal. And lets assume you have the Express Pass. And finally lets assume you won't spend time to eat lunch. 

Then you have from noon to the Park close. About 8 hours I guess.

It's do-able to visit both Universal Parks in 8 hours with express pass. 

But again, you need to make sure you can enter the park around noon, which means NO delay at airport, No delay at car rental, No delay for traffic between Miami and Orlando, No delay outside Universal. 

If all these works out well, you can get a 3star PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal in orlando for about $57 includes tax and fee. I guess it's either Rose Inn or Best Western. Both are pretty clean and comfortable hotel. 

----------------

Other dates and Miami

I visit Orlando many times, but I have no knowledge about Miami.

I didn't even notice the two Universal parks on day of arrival...

In addition to the above, a LOT needs to go 'right' for you without any delay, and to do those two parks (after 6(??) hours flying and 4+ hours driving), followed by two full days of Disney parks, i think is a bit too much ground in the amount of time you have.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for the help!

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 23. So we are young, but we like both the parks and partying, hehe.

I also forgot to mention that I have already been to Orlando twice, so it is not our first visit to the parks. The last time I've been there I have arrived a little earlier in Miami, and went directly to Universal. We have spent the entire day, and the next morning there, and it was enough for everything.

The first time I went there, I have visited 3 Disney parks in 2 days, I went to Magic Kingdom+Epcot, and Hollywood studios the other day. I think we could have spent a little more time on the first two, and the last one I think it was too much for an entire day. So I thought about doing 4 parks in 2 days this time, but I don't know Animal Kingdom, so I'm not sure if it is enough.

I think I'll probably choose another extra day in Orlando, maybe go to Miami in the evening in October 2nd, and spend 3 days on Disney, and 1 day on Universal (not the first). I am not concerned about getting tired with this marathon, because we will have about 7 nights to relax on the cruise after it (Western Caribbean Independence of the Seas).

About my budget for Orlando hotels, I was thinking about $50-60 a day. I will rent a car for the entire week, so a hotel with free parking would be great. Maybe if the hotel has a good transport to the parks, I could just get the car on the last day to go back to Miami.

What region do you think I should choose, considering going to Disney and Universal by car?

Hey guys, I did some search on Priceline Express, and found these 2.

2 Star Hotel in Disney Maingate West Area for $27/night

3½ Star Hotel in Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North for $59/night

I don't know the regions very well. I've only stayed on the International drive near Universal when I went to Orlando. Is Disney Maingate west too far? Do you think this would be an acceptable hotel?

If you let us know the amenities of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers above we can have a look, but if you're looking for something 'nice' i would look to stay at a hotel higher rated then 2 stars and expect to pay more than $27/nite. ;)

I saw some other deals now, and it looks like that there are several good deals for these dates.

But I am still confused about the regions I should look for. Are all the regions good for the parks access?

And do all hotels generally have transport to parks? Or free parking? I am worried about having to pay to park the car in the hotel and at the parks.

3½ Star Hotel in Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North for $59/night

Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

3½ Star Hotel in Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North for $63/night

Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Condo
Fitness Center

3 Star Hotel in Disney Maingate - Celebration Area for $40/night

Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

3 Star Hotel in Disney Downtown - Lake Buena Vista Area for $49/night

Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

3 Star Hotel in Disney Maingate - Celebration Area for $40/night

Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)

Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

3 Star Hotel in Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North for $48/night

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

These are just for having an idea about the prices for these days.

Do you think it would be a good idea to try and bid something lower than 35 for 3 and 1/2 stars in some regions on priceline? Any tips for a bidding strategy?

Thank you very much for the help.

I will try and close a deal first for Orlando, and depending on what I get, I will choose a budget for Miami.

Before we proceed.

Your original schedule is very cramped. Sure, it doable, but how fun is it? You have to rush trough the parks and even if you're young you need to eat, drink and have a rest etc at some points.

I would cut down on the parks or add a day to your schedule to make this memorable.

And do all hotels generally have transport to parks? Or free parking? I am worried about having to pay to park the car in the hotel and at the parks.

Among the the 3*/3.5* is the parking fee 50/50. But many hotels now charge a resort fee and when this is done is the parking included in most cases. But you always have to pay for parking in the parks ($17). The fee is valid for one day and you can park in all Disney parks during the day.

Most hotels offer transports to parks. But it could be very limited like only one departure in the morning and one at night back from the parks. And only to Magic Kingdom.

Are all the regions good for the parks access?

Yes, that's no problem. But if you're only going to be at Universal for one day would I go for a hotel closer to Disney (Disney Maingate or Disney DT zones) since you're going to spend the most time there.

If you want to have a look at possible hotels so please take a look at boards Orlando Hotel list

Take a minute and think this trough and let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for the help. The list helped a lot. I will use that to help with my bidding. Will post here after I get a win.

You're right, I will add an extra day to my schedule, going to a Disney park or an additional Universal day (love Unviersal) on October 2nd. I would also love to go back to Busch Gardens, but that would need an additional extra day, hehe. Last time I've been there was 7 years ago :(

So for which days do you need a hotel in the Orlando area?

What is your desired star rating, zone(s), and budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

What is your desired star rating, zone(s), and budget?

Which zones are you including in your 3 star bidding?

For your previously failed bids, did you include these same zones and bid up to $50/nite?

Until now, I have bidded on Intl Drive North, Intl Drive Convention Center, and Disney Maingate Celebration area.

I have bidded for up to $45 for 3 1/2 stars. Also tried $29 for 3 stars on these areas. Maybe I am bidding too low. But I want to try and find a great deal.

I will also try other areas later, but I am doing some research on the hotels available, parking, resort fees, etc. On both times I've been to Orlando, I have stayed on Intl Drive North, so I'm not familiar with other areas.

...I am doing some research on the hotels available, parking, resort fees, etc.

Use our sister site ResortFee.com to help in your research. ;)

Once you're ready to bid again let us know if you would like help with a bidding strategy.

Thank you thereuare!

It would be good to get some help with a bidding strategy. I would like to find something with a good cost-benefit for up to $50/day, but I can go up higher if something really good shows up. In the past, I got some great deals on 3.5-4 star hotels, but that was like 3-4 years ago, and I haven't been back to the US since then, there was no resort fees to complicate things in the past, haha.

Btw, It looks like there are also some nice offers on Hot.wire, do you think I can get the same deal for a lower price on Price.line by bidding?

If you bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone picked at the star rating chosen. The benefit of HOTWIRE and/or PRICELINE EXPRESS - while usually slightly to moderately more expensive than bidding - is that (given the information showing) one can often make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 3* I-Drive Convention Center hotel for $52/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... best guess for this property would be the Avanti Resort

Also, any reason you haven't been bidding the Disney Downtown-Lake Bueana Vista zone? There is this 3 star Disney-LBV property for $56/nite with:

Free Parking

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... my guess here would be the Grande Villas Resort which gets pretty good reviews (and if some other property this offer does have an 8+ user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests, so should be a nice stay regardless)

Do either of these work for your needs?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you go for either of the above) and we will take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this property for the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi Leandro!

I'm also from Brazil and already stayed at this hotel in 2013.

I can tell you this it's great! The apartments are very spacious, there is a full kitchen and laundry inside the apartments.

This hotel is like a condo. There are about 10 buildings. In the outside, there are 2 big pools.

Besides, the location is excellent! 

I enjoyed a lot my stay when I was there.

In my opinion, you will arrive so tired after an exhaustive flight and then 5 hours driving from Miami to Orlando. How can you think about going to the park at this first day? I would need a rest!

Good trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]