Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3* Midtown South

mylatehope
By mylatehope,
in

Please help me identify a 3 star hotel in NYC - Midtown South. The amenities are: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-speed Internet Access, and Business Center. It was returned in my search for a 2/14 check-in & 2/16 check-out @ $148/room/night.

Anyone else booked (or planning) a Valentine's Day :) trip to NYC? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This hotel has not yet been identified, but as there are similarly rated hotels offered for less, what is it specifically that you're looking for and we can try to help you get the best deal on a hotel that meets your needs.

I have a few guesses as to the above, but i'll await your reply before commenting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ideally I'd like a 4* hotel for 2 nights (2/14 & 2/15) in midtown, but I didn't see any that were 40% off like this deal was. I will be driving in (from New England), so parking needs to be a consideration.

Would Priceline be a better bet? Everytime I've bid there in the past, my offers were refused. I've booked with Hotwire before and have had good experience with the hotels I was assigned.

I'd be willing to spend up to $250/night for a very nice hotel (it being Valentine's Day and all) for a total of $600 including taxes. I don't think all of the suposed 4* hotels qualify as very nice, though. I would expect to pay much less for a lesser hotel, but ideally I am looking for something better.

Not sure if you need to be in midtown, but the Marriott Financial Center can be had for $586 "all-in", which is about $200 cheaper than the Marriott website.

Some of the rooms have excellent views of the city and/or river, and you can see the reviews are excellent.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some of EasyClickTravel's deals are excellent... some not very good at all, it all depends upon the area and the specific hotel.

Unlike most travel sites these days which just act as an agent and show the same rate as all the other sites and add on a booking fee, EasyClickTravel actually contracts with with many of the hotels for a block of rooms (ie- "we'll take 'x' number of rooms every nite for the next quarter").

Since the rooms are pre-purchased, there deals are often even better during times of peak demand (and higher prices), since EasyClickTravel tends to not raise/lower their retail price too much based upon specific demand... they're objective is to simply 'move' hotel rooms as quickly as they can (or risk get stuck with unfilled rooms that are already paid for).

You can use our REVERSE LOOK-UP TOOL highlighted above to see our opinion of many of the "Off the Record" deals.

easyclicktravel.com has what your reverse lookup tool identifed as The Westin Times Square for the dates I need @ $250/night. But, the availability is listed as "on request". This room is listed @ $365/night on starwoodhotels.com. Do you think this is a good deal? How long before I would know if I got the room? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Probably not a high probabilty bet given the Valentine's Day "holiday" (please don't let my wife :) see that in quotes :) )

"On Request" is what happens when EasyClickTravel has already sold their allotment of rooms that they have pre-bought. They will then contact the hotel to see if they can get more rooms at their pre-negotiated rate... so during high demand the chances are lower than during 'typical' periods. As well, there are some hotels that very rarely give them additional inventory, regardless of their own occupancy level.

ECT states they will let you know within 48 hours, but in reality it can take 72+ hours (although it's been getting better).

After going back and forth on what to do, we decided to stay at the Hudson Hotel using easyclicktravel.com's "off the record" deal for $206/night and a $477 "all-in". The room costs $289/night at the hotel's page or $299 for the standard queen room on Expedia.com. I know that the rooms at the Hudson are notoriously small, but we don't intend on spending much time in the room. We liked the idea of a cool hotel (and bar!) to go back to after spending most of the day in the city.

There is no way I could have gotten this deal without your site's help. Thank you very much! I will be back when I make all my future travelling plans and will be sure to refer my friends here.

Thanks again!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]