Hotwire Hotel: 4+ Star Hotel for Birthday trip to Chicago 4 Star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - River North Area for $148/night

EddieBanks
By EddieBanks,
in

I found this hotel, 4 Star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - River North Area for $148/night I assume its the Warwick based on the description, Business Center, and Restaurant,

I am looking for a hotel in the Mag Mile, Downtown area, I will be there for 3 days, And looking for something decent for me and my date. Any tips or suggestion

Dates 10/2-10/5 My birthday is the 2nd

Number of people 2

Budget, 1,000 for all three nights.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would agree with the guess of the Warwick Allerton for the 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

How important is budget for this trip? As there are quite a few hotels in the $150 area... there are higher rated hotels that are still within your $1000 budget.

Would something like The James at $240/nite OR The Trump at $309/nite (a little over your all-in budget at $1130, but is very highly rated) worth the additional expense?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It becomes a matter of what your focus is. The Allerton would be an example of "small rooms, not a lot of amenities, but great location". If you are not going to be in the room a lot, it would be okay, but not a great value.

As thereuare noted, there are better properties for not vastly higher prices.  I'm very familiar with the city - are you looking for a particular hotel, to be near a particular area, etc? I'd be happy to offer recommendations.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

JB,

Our schedule is,

Arrive Thursday, Comped room at Harrahs Joliet, we will be traveling all day and this is just a stop to relax, I am a gambler,

Friday, We are getting a room in Villa Park, we are in town for our Birthdays, and Rob Zombie's Haunted house, and concert, then friday a room near there,

Sat morning explore the city, Sat evening Blackhawks game, then Kiss Kiss Cabaret,

Sunday, Explore the city, Table 70 Dinner at Vivo, 

Monday, Explore city and check out, 

Depending on price, stay Monday night also.

Based on that you can see we wont be in our rooms much, I just want a nice clean comfy room, something that is nice, I am open to any suggestions 

Thanks

Budget, 1,000 for all three nights.

So your budget is not really $1000 for all three nites... so let's start with the $149/nite PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above; what are your thoughts on the Allerton, would this work for your needs?

Would what i believe to be the Intercontinental Chicago at $235/nite be worth an extra $65/nite?

Or the Monaco Chicago at $250/nite worth the extra $75/nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]