Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Paramount Hotel

discjoker
By discjoker,
in

Yeah, I was about 99.99999% sure that would be the hotel I would get. My wife and I are going to Avenue Q that night and that hotel is perfect since the theatre is about a block away.

I have a couple questions someone might be able to answer:

1) I was able to access my reservation on the Paramount/Sol Melia website. It shows the confirmed reservation and the rate info. The rate they have is lower than what I paid. It looks like Hotwire made a little on the room portion and on the service fee. Is there anything I can do since it is obvious that they overcharged from what they paid (as well as making money on the service fee). I know that Priceline will book your room at the rate they are paying the hotel, only making the service fee as profit. Of course most uniformed bidders overbid, but there isn't that option with Hotwire. Maybe a double the difference claim? I am not upset, just wondering.

2) This hotel is going to become the Hard Rock Hotel New York in 2006. Anyone know when? Will it be changed over when I get there?

Thanks.

hotwire marks up every rate it gets from hotels, usually 10-30%. You can't do anything because they showed you a price and you agreed to it and that's what they charged you. I don't think you can double the difference your own rate. The hotel is in violation of their contract with hotwire since rule #1 is not to disclose the rate HW is paying to the guest. PS - it's the small profit that keeps them in business.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]